What have you done for the Ducks Lately

For those who enjoy duck hunting in Georgia this is the place to discuss everything from Georgia duck hunting outfitters to hunting pintails, mallards and canvasbacks on lake Seminole.

Moderators: Dep6, Remman, caleb

What have you done for the Ducks Lately

Postby Labnerd01 » Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:54 am

I see all these pictures of dead ducks over and over again but very few posts or threads by folks on conservation. In the 30 years I have duck hunted I have always been very concerned about the ducks and witnessed the demiss of the Canada Goose Migration into the Ballard County Refuges in Western KY during the early 90's. Wound up selling my clubhouse and going to Manitoba for the Geese. Over hunting by commercial clubs and the short stopping of Geese at refuges further north the primary culprits. The local economy in Ballard County suffered significantly.

Since the Obama Administration introduced new initiatives to grow corn for Ethanol Fuel the farmers in the prairie pot hole region have responded by planting every square inch of land including but not limited to intermittant wetlands and potholes the ducks need to reproduce. To ad insult to injury the congress is in the process of eliminating the CRP programs that have helped so much. Bottom Line is the ducks are going to take big hits.

I am providing a thread from Delta Waterfowl on this subject for all to read and if you want to help you can do so by writing your congressment and advising him of your position on dropping the CRP programs. The ducks need the help.

http://www.deltawaterfowl.org/media/mag ... vation.php
Last edited by Labnerd01 on Mon Nov 21, 2011 3:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Going Hunting without a trained retriever is like going on a honeymoon without a bride!
Labnerd01
hunter

Re: What have you done for the Ducks Lately

Postby Labnerd01 » Mon Nov 21, 2011 12:23 pm

I visited the Ducks Unlimited Website and found an article that provides viewers a means by which to write your congressman and or email them regarding the withdrawal of funds from the CRP program the ducks need to survive and nest in. If you are as concerned as I am then please click on the link and send your congressman an email or personal letter.
http://capwiz.com/ducks/issues/alert/?alertid=56283581
Going Hunting without a trained retriever is like going on a honeymoon without a bride!
Labnerd01
hunter

Postby djchris » Mon Nov 21, 2011 2:11 pm

REALLY!!!!! :mad: Ok, I'll bite on this one....why not? :fingerhead: Let's see......well to begin I've placed 11 new wood duck boxes over past 4 years at various locations in Georgia. In addition to that, this year alone I've provided exactly $500 in donations to DU. :fingerpt:
djchris
hunter

Postby Labnerd01 » Mon Nov 21, 2011 3:31 pm

djchris wrote:REALLY!!!!! :mad: Ok, I'll bite on this one....why not? :fingerhead: Let's see......well to begin I've placed 11 new wood duck boxes over past 4 years at various locations in Georgia. In addition to that, this year alone I've provided exactly $500 in donations to DU. :fingerpt:

Thats a great thing you have done putting out the Wood Duck Boxes and a $500.00 donation is huge, your time and money! Not sure but I think that makes you at least a Bronze Sponser. :clapping:

This year I worked on a DU Committee and was able to get a preserve operator to donate a two man Quail hunt which went into our verbal auction. Please take a few minutes and click on the DU link to send your Legislator the prepared email, takes less than 5 minutes and send it to some other buddies to do it also.
Labnerd01
hunter

Postby GADKHNTR » Mon Nov 21, 2011 4:43 pm

I am going to write my legislature and ask him to support the outlawing of MRPs (mallard release programs).
"I missed 'cause everytime I shot I slid further down that log I was sittin' on."
GADKHNTR
hunter

Postby Remman » Mon Nov 21, 2011 7:00 pm

knew that was coming.... :lol3:
There is no such thing as a stranger,....... Just friends I haven't met!

"Failure isn't not knowing how to post a picture. Failure is doing it twice and then catching a wise attitude about it."....... Paul D
Remman
Forum & State Moderator

Postby Labnerd01 » Mon Nov 21, 2011 7:32 pm

Remman wrote:knew that was coming.... :lol3:

You gotta consider the quality of the source. Its already been demonstrated.
Labnerd01
hunter

Postby QuackAttack873 » Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:14 pm

I go to the University of West Ga and we started a chapter for the college last year and we had our second banquet this past week and raised almost 6,000$ for the ducks :thumbsup: We just all sometimes just need to look and really notice what DU does for ducks. And i thank all that are involved that you for what you do :beer:
Wack em' and Stack em'
QuackAttack873
hunter

Postby Labnerd01 » Tue Nov 22, 2011 5:14 pm

QuackAttack873 wrote:I go to the University of West Ga and we started a chapter for the college last year and we had our second banquet this past week and raised almost 6,000$ for the ducks :thumbsup: We just all sometimes just need to look and really notice what DU does for ducks. And i thank all that are involved that you for what you do :beer:

GREAT JOB! Its very rewarding to see you young guys taking over at the helm and being responsible duck huntes

You are a true WATERFOWLER!
:thumbsup:
205925CD_Scan1_1_0002.jpg
205925CD_Scan1_1_0002.jpg (32.34 KiB) Viewed 1907 times
Labnerd01
hunter

Postby QuackAttack873 » Tue Nov 22, 2011 8:58 pm

I appreciate its about that time for the younger generations to start making there presence. And i encourage all you younger guys go out there and get on a committee and make your presence know whether it s DU or Delta Waterfowl just put yourself out there to help the great sport that we love and also to preserve it forever :smile:
Wack em' and Stack em'
QuackAttack873
hunter

Postby Labnerd01 » Wed Nov 23, 2011 7:12 am

Please help the ducks and be sure to click on the link in the post that allows you to send an email to your congressmen regarding the CRP program and tell your other DU guys about it so they can do it as well.
HRCH Northern Lights April Belle MH-SE Alberta DU Marsh Hunt.
205924CD_Scan3_0003-0001.jpg
Labnerd01
hunter

Postby Pothole » Wed Nov 23, 2011 4:51 pm

Well, I haven't done near as much as you have labnerd, I did go into a swamp the other day and remove a couple, what looked like, giant bird houses that I felt were in the way of the flight path of the ducks. Oh and opening morning I accidentally shot 4 wood ducks, but my area is covered so the way I see it I was doing a little game management. One day I hope to be the incredible (but humble) conservation king that you are..... :no:
Pothole
hunter

Postby Remman » Wed Nov 23, 2011 8:34 pm

:bow: :bow: before the powerful labnerd01.... :lol:

"Failure isn't not knowing how to post a picture. Failure is doing it twice and then catching a wise attitude about it."....... Paul D
Remman
Forum & State Moderator

Postby woodychaser » Sun Nov 27, 2011 5:35 pm

Over the last few years I have placed and help maintain wood duck boxes around Georgia. 30 down around Augusta and around 20 near Gainesville. All these have been used regularly with most being used 2 times a year. I have approached pond owners about placing boxes, many who do not hunt, and put boxes up for them. Also attended several DU events buying auction items to help the cause. I figure if I am going to hunt them I should probably help keep the population up. I have noticed many more Woodies to hunt since putting the boxes out. It is also entertaining to watch the Woodies while they are hatching and raising their young.
woodychaser
Newb

Postby Labnerd01 » Sun Nov 27, 2011 5:59 pm

When the GA DNR had the Wood Duck Box program for the public, we put up 20 boxes on a feeder creek off Shiloh Rd that runs into Big Creek which runs through Forsyth County GA. We also participated in a Wood Duck Banding study for several years, banding ducks on my property for the GA DNR and US Fish and Wildlife. Senior Biologist-Gainesville office Kent Kemmeyer oversaw the placement of the boxes and managed the Duck Catching and banding project, he has been retired several years now.

The Big Creek drainage basin, which starts around the Polo Fields eventually dumps into the Hooch below Roswell and there are many wetlands and sloughs along it that provide ideal habitat for Wood Ducks, however the incroachment by developers has had a very detrimental impact. Still, if we could get support from DU and or some other organizations we could increase the populations in many areas along the Greenbelt. We are working on that.

I have seen a lot of Duck Boxes up along the Chattahoochee River North of Gainesville, am assuming it was you guys that put them up. Great Job!

I appreciate your supportive post and am glad to see folks are helping the ducks.
:thumbsup:
Labnerd01
hunter

Postby thar31321 » Mon Nov 28, 2011 8:28 pm

I donated some geese to the ditch monster this weekend.
thar31321
hunter

Postby Labnerd01 » Mon Nov 28, 2011 8:40 pm

The problems with these Waterfowl Hunting websites are the Scumbags that plague them on a regular basis. Same dirtbags that plague the waterways and refuges, poach on private land, leave dead ducks at the boat launch ramp and so on. Shoot up and burn down duck blinds. Cowards who Won't identify themselves.
Thar31321 your post earns the "SCUMBAG" Award for the day, Congratulations.
:fingerhead:
Labnerd01
hunter

Postby jaker » Mon Nov 28, 2011 8:57 pm

Labnerd01 wrote:The problems with these Waterfowl Hunting websites are the Scumbags that plague them on a regular basis. Same dirtbags that plague the waterways and refuges, poach on private land, leave dead ducks at the boat launch ramp and so on. Shoot up and burn down duck blinds. Cowards who Won't identify themselves.

Labnerd,

u ever stop to think that maybe your the douche bag, and thats why the majority of other people on these forums don't like you?????

sincerely,

austin toler

now its your turn, whats your name?
2009 - 2010 (My boat)

Bw Teal- 7
jaker
hunter

Postby Remman » Mon Nov 28, 2011 9:11 pm

I know Thar very well, and he is a stand up guy who loves the outdoors...... You might want to lay low for a while Labnerd... I see a chopping block in your future......

Remman
Forum & State Moderator

Postby thar31321 » Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:14 am

Labnerd01 wrote:The problems with these Waterfowl Hunting websites are the Scumbags that plague them on a regular basis. Same dirtbags that plague the waterways and refuges, poach on private land, leave dead ducks at the boat launch ramp and so on. Shoot up and burn down duck blinds. Cowards who Won't identify themselves.

The way I look at it from a conservation stand point is I just saved a lot of money in the local economy by donating these 2 stinking geese to the food chain. Just because I didn't eat them don't mean they are wasted. You need to go back to whoring labs. You can't be a tree hugger and a hunter. Kinda like being a member of PETA and using shock collars so you sir are the definition of a douche nozzle.
thar31321
hunter

Postby seminole_sigmanu » Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:46 am

I bet people hate sitting by you at Huddle House. I now pronounce you,.... "One-up". :bow:
muddy-feet
seminole_sigmanu
hunter

Postby Riverrunner342 » Thu Dec 22, 2011 3:46 pm

LabNerd01 must be the Georgia Duck Hunting God. I pity anyone who incurs his wrath. He reminds me of a clown
who used to post on Waterfowler.com until he was banned. Called himself the old wingmaster.
Riverrunner342
hunter

Postby hamer174 » Thu Dec 22, 2011 4:17 pm

i just think its funny that ever thread he post on people end up ganging up on him then it is all of a sudden deleted. :lol3:
hamer174
hunter

Postby kwil13 » Thu Dec 22, 2011 6:15 pm

Riverrunner342 wrote:LabNerd01 must be the Georgia Duck Hunting God. I pity anyone who incurs his wrath. He reminds me of a clown
who used to post on Waterfowler.com until he was banned. Called himself the old wingmaster.

They are the same entity, he got me banned on the refuge for saying he was full of crap about his Guntersville and Raccoon Creek duck report said it was a personal attack, and honestly the info he's passing along is crap that he must just make up as he goes.
Courage is being scared to death ...but saddling up anyway John Wayne
Support the NWTF, NRA
SUPPORT THE WOUNDED WARRIOR PROJECT
kwil13
hunter

Postby Riverrunner342 » Fri Dec 30, 2011 7:03 pm

His name is Steve Kendall. He is a wannabe dog trainer, and pretty much has not changed
much over the years. If anyone disagrees with him, he contacts the website and does a bigshot
routine to get them to go after the person who angered him.

He has done more to ruin waterfowl hunts than I can describe, and will turn on anyone in an
instant.The biggest truth is that he will never confront anyone himself, but gets someone else to
do his dirty work for him. Just give him time and he will talk himself off this website.
Riverrunner342
hunter

Next

Return to Georgia Duck Hunting