Upper Potomac

A place to learn from others, share information and gain knowledge on duck hunting in Maryland, of the fabled Chesapeake bay.

Moderators: Mikeguard01, Cupped-n-Committed

Re: Upper Potomac

Postby BigTerp » Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:28 pm

Couldn't hunt today, but yesterday was miserable. 1 duck about 6 miles high and moving. Saw maybe a dozen geese all morning. Took a pretty good trip down river and saw one goose hanging out but didn't jump a single duck. Still better than work though!! Won't have the chance to get out until the next swing. Will be deer waiting until then. But as bad as the last week has been, the break could do us some good.
BigTerp
hunter

Postby ohioboy » Wed Nov 21, 2012 6:13 am

Tried the layout for divers. Saw a few lawn darts and that's it. Some mallards around, saw and heard no geese.
Attachments
image.jpg
ohioboy
hunter

Postby Cajun1085 » Fri Nov 23, 2012 7:40 pm

I went out this am. Had 3 Mallards attempt to land in my spread about 0635. Put 2 greenhead down and then set for two more hours without firing a shot. I heard a lot of shots further up the river this am. hopefully the third split will provide us with some more numbers.
GATORTAIL 1646 25GTR

SouthEast Gator-tail
Cajun1085
hunter

Postby ohioboy » Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:14 pm

Well I hunted from 10 to 3 and saw zero birds.
ohioboy
hunter

Postby BigTerp » Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:25 am

ohioboy wrote:Well I hunted from 10 to 3 and saw zero birds.

I didn't hear a single goose all morning while deer hunting saturday. Usually hear quite a few on opening day of rifle. Hoping this cold weather hangs around and pushes some birds down for us all by the 11th.
BigTerp
hunter

Postby PSUbuzz » Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:05 am

I heard non stop geese over my stand on Saturday only a few miles from the river. I was actually kind of surprised they were flying as much as they were with all that wind, I thought they wouldve hunkered down in the bottoms. Hence why I was hunting a pine grove bottom myself. Took a nice size doe at about 60 yards with my muzzleloader and was home and cleaned up in time to eat lunch with my girlfriend mom and grandma. Ill be heading back out after work today to try to get on a nice buck. Let 3 small ones walk on Saturday, hopefully for good karma!
does having multiple screen names on a forum and having a conversation with yourself make you an extra special rock star hunter?
PSUbuzz
hunter

Previous

Return to Maryland Duck Hunting