Duck Hunting Forum banner

How'd it go for everyone?

2K views 12 replies 12 participants last post by  Booney3721 
#1 ·
Had a pretty great morning, had to come in early around 9:45 because of turkey day and all, but shot 16 between the 3 of us. We had 2 BWT, 3 GWT, 3 Wood duck, 2 Black duck, 5 mallards, and a hen ringneck. We hunted in central Kentucky on a farm pond. That was probably the most diverse bag of birds I've ever hunted and especially in central KY.

How did everyone else do this morning? I'm sure most of you are still out like I wish I were...

See less See more
#2 ·
Shot a 5 man limit of wood ducks by 745, sat around waiting on some mallards but they never showed up. Good morning anyways it was great to get out and watch some woodies cut through the timber. Going to a farm pond tomorrow for some mallards, looking forward to it. Hope everyone enjoyed the opener!

#3 ·
I ended up heading north and hunting in Illinois. We saw more ducks this morning than I have ever seen at this spot. From the time shooting hours hit til about 9 am the sky had ducks in it. I ended up killing 2 mallards, 2 wood ducks and a shoveler. My buddy killed 1 mallard two woodies and sailed 2 that we never found. Pretty good day, just wish it was closer...and not in illinois! Ha ha
Chris

#4 ·
Saw a bunch of geese and a bunch of ducks in a flooded corn field this morning. Nothing would lock up, later figured out there was a group of dogs in the field that wouldnt leave. Fired some shots to scare the dogs but they acted like nothing happened. Heading back out in the morning to hopefully limit out on some geese and maybe some ducks but this is kentucky so who knows.

#6 ·
Took my buddy out on his his first duck shoot yesterday on his farm thats been virgin slough/timber hole for several years now and not only did he kill his first duck he also killed his limit. it was a perfect day. had mallards galore! i was surprised on the number of big ducks we saw and killed. shot 3 gadwalls, 2 male pintails, and 7 mallards. we lost 3 in the buck brush, but he folded his first duck and it was a pretty greenhead that was wing tip to wing tip feet locked down on top of the mojos. it was a very awesome experience!!! was trying to post pics but the lap top is telling me my iphone device has no pictures on it. POS iphone ive hated this thing since day one :mad:

#7 ·
ChevyKYfowler24 said:
Took my buddy out on his his first duck shoot yesterday on his farm thats been virgin slough/timber hole for several years now and not only did he kill his first duck he also killed his limit. it was a perfect day. had mallards galore! i was surprised on the number of big ducks we saw and killed. shot 3 gadwalls, 2 male pintails, and 7 mallards. we lost 3 in the buck brush, but he folded his first duck and it was a pretty greenhead that was wing tip to wing tip feet locked down on top of the mojos. it was a very awesome experience!!! was trying to post pics but the lap top is telling me my iphone device has no pictures on it. POS iphone ive hated this thing since day one :mad:
Gotta love getting a newbie a great shot like that! It was great that he got to shoot his first green head the right way, committed over the dekes. Congrats man! :beer:

#9 ·
Killed 18 black ducks...Oh the only thing is these were the kind that have white beaks and cluck when they run across the water....Coots a blazin...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.