Duck Hunting Forum banner

Dakota Lessers

3K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  NWiowaCutinGreen 
#1 ·
Has anyone tried using the Rogers 12-slot mid-sized goose bag for Dakota Lessers? Just wondering if they fit since the Dakotas are slightly bigger than the Avery Lessers.

#3 ·
im not sure
but the slot dimension is off their website is 9" x 9" x 17" Deep
you can make that out of cardboard and see if it does though

and the six slot dakota lesser bags i believe hold em with the bases on which would be twice as much money
http://www.x-tremehonkers.com/Forums/showthread.php?t=3951
and it says their dimensions are
Bag dimensions are roughly 11"x15"x19".

#4 ·
Well I have the Dakota bags that came with my decoys, but they're way to tight for my liking to fit in the bags with the bases attached. The stands will get bent and the flocking on the backs will get all rubbed off. But the bags are way too big for just the decoys. I wish Dakota made a bag that fit their decoys, similar to how the the Avery lessers fit in their bags.

#5 ·
maybe a bag made for the bigfoot decoys would be better.

I bought a bag for my bigfoots like that and it was tight putting the bigfoots in . but might work for the dakota lesser with bases

or rogers also has bags for the bigfoots that may work for you also

#6 ·
i just ordered more dakota lessers today along with some of the roger mid size goose decoy bags today. According to the guy i talked to they fit just fine with out the bases. I should have them by tuesday i will let you know then how well the fit.

#9 ·
in my opinion the decoys fit pretty tight prolly to tight that is with out the baeses on them using dakota lessers. if they stretch out a little bit they will be fine. by the time you get the twelth decoys in there you are having to push on it to get it to go in. the two straps that are suppose to velkro shut are to short and wont reach over the top of the decoys. the bag are very heavy duty and seem liek they can take a beating.

#10 ·
12 Decoys do not fit in this bag. 10 fit, and it's pretty tight.

But if you think about it, when you trying to find bags for 10 dz decoys, its much cheaper to buy 12 bags for $32 a piece, than to buy 20 bags at $28 a piece. That saves $175 dollars for 10 dz decoys...

#12 ·
Hi Gents - what was the dimensions of those bags? I see this thread is over 2 years old. Was curious to see if those bags were 9x9" slots. Looking to make the Dakota Lesser purchase myself and bag them. Any input would be appreciated.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.