snowing again

This forum is where New Mexico duck hunting is discussed. Read others posts and share your thoughts here.

Moderators: randy marci, ghostingrey, quackadikt

snowing again

Postby randy marci » Sun Mar 19, 2006 11:10 am

since moving here it has snowed a little here and there. i for one love it. where i used to live it snowed about once every 20 years or so. i sure hope it starts raining however. we really need the water. the only water around here i can find is the river. anyone ever try hunting the lakes in this state? been doing some research and some areas look promising. anyway just passin some time on a sunday morning, back to watchin the snowfall with the boys.
randy marci
State Moderator

Bienvenido

Postby Escopeton » Tue Mar 21, 2006 4:23 pm

Hey Randy:

Welcome. There are few lakes that can be hunted but you just have to do your research. MacAllister is one that you can hunt and is out of Las Vegas, NM. The Butte can be hunted, too. As well as Navajo, but in only in certain locations. I do a lot of hunting in the Rio Grande Bosque - you have to buy a key for it, though. There is hunting on other lakes but I am not that familiar with them to say one thing or the other.

I have hunted the NWR surrounding MacAllister and have done okay. But, you have to put in for it and be drawn. I have also been drawn for other hunts on WMA and had both good and bad, as could be expected.

As far as the snowing, I have to agree with you. It is about time that we get some type of precipitation here in the state. Hopefully, it will continue until forever. We need it.

Hope to see you in the field. Thomas.
Living large in the southwest.
Escopeton
hunter

Return to New Mexico Duck Hunting