Duck/goose hunt near sparta

Talk about Tennessee duck hunting if you enjoy the outdoors.

Moderators: Preacher1011, duckbumm, duck slayR, Itchy Coyote

Duck/goose hunt near sparta

Postby Jerlee3 » Wed Dec 07, 2011 5:26 pm

I am looking for someone that duck or goose hunts around here I am very fimilar with dale hollow. I live in sparta TN but I am from Livingston... just looking for someone to show me the ropes I don't even have to bring a gun...just wanna learn how to work birds.... will help do any work nessary an will pay for gas or whatever just got into waterfouling so any help would be awesome
DuckSmackersInc.
Jerlee3
hunter

Re: Duck/goose hunt near sparta

Postby Duckedo » Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:01 pm

Welcome to the site and waterfowl hunting. Please don't misunderstand, I'm glad to hear that somebody wants to start hunting waterfowl, but if you have never been I would recommend that you hire a good guide for a few trips and make sure that you really want to get into it before you start spending a lot of money. I'm not sure how far away you are from Reelfoot Lake but I know several guides on the lake that are very good hunters and would be happy to recommend some of them. If you decide you want to get into it after that you could probably find a guide that would be happy to have some help in the blind on some of there hunts. It's a great sport but it would be kind of expensive to just go out and buy everything you need, boat, gun, dog, clothes, ect... Its also not something you are going to learn overnight. I have been hunting waterfowl for 29 years and I learn tons of stuff every year. The biggest thing is that waterfowl hunters, especially duck hunters, are very protective when it comes to there spots, equipment, ect. If you find somebody that is willing to help you out you need to treat them right and return the favor when they need help.
Duckedo
hunter

Return to Tennessee Duck Hunting