December Duck and Goose reports

Topics on New York hunting on the Delaware river to discuss, Delaware duck hunting, tactics and more.

Moderator: Daffy Ducking

Postby bucksandducks84 » Wed Dec 07, 2011 6:48 pm

Lets start a thread where people can report there hunts for the December and January seasons in Delaware. I understand if you don't want to say where you went but lets say the county you saw birds in and the number and species of birds harvested or just a general report of migration.
Brian Sands
bucksandducks84
hunter

Re: December Duck and Goose reports

Postby bubbasblazer » Wed Dec 07, 2011 6:50 pm

I got the skunk today. Saw a few late morning but nowhere near where they wanted to be.
bubbasblazer
hunter

Postby duckinfool72 » Thu Dec 08, 2011 9:18 am

while we are at it why dont we just put up google earth maps and pictures. I love cyberscouting :fingerhead:

in all seriousness does anyone put the work in any more? I mean really, get in your truck and put some miles on it.
DO SOME DAMAGE
duckinfool72
hunter

Postby bubbasblazer » Thu Dec 08, 2011 2:34 pm

Thats exactly why I never said where I was, not too keen on throwing out locations. I'll say if I did good or not but not give up the location good or bad. The state land maps are priceless when trying to find spots that may be off the beaten path, or forgortten about. Take it easy on him it was his first post. So where you been killin them Fool? :biggrin:
bubbasblazer
hunter

Postby deducker » Thu Dec 08, 2011 3:59 pm

I saw two megansers and one bufflehead in sussex county.
deducker
hunter

Postby bucksandducks84 » Thu Dec 08, 2011 4:05 pm

I don't need to cyber scout my friend I hunt on all private property and scout on a daily basis as I take off of work from Sept till Feb. I have more details about where the ducks are and are not then most of you. I just enjoy reading and talking about duck hunting especially in the same state as me. But seeing as some people think that they are "duck commander" or something I guess I'll refrain from posting where the birds are. I really do dislike shallow people who flap their jaws in CYBER SPACE. Good luck to all you others and Keep the posts coming.
BRIAN SANDS
bucksandducks84
hunter

Postby bucksandducks84 » Thu Dec 08, 2011 4:14 pm

AS far as birds go numbers are low across the state. Hopefully this cold front will push them around. I'll be deer hunting saturday instead of sitting in the marsh. Hope everyone does well. This year was supposed to have a record migration based on preseason reports from the north on the breading grounds. It's been pretty slow all around even in jersey and maryland. Keep your heads up though they gotta move in eventually.
Brian Sands
bucksandducks84
hunter

Postby bubbasblazer » Thu Dec 08, 2011 4:28 pm

I been checkin the DU migration map. And it looks liki Pa as been slow too. A few reports from NY said they had a good season, just not chilly enough for them. It probably has something to do with that El Nina water current. over on the west coast that messes up every time it comes around.
bubbasblazer
hunter

Postby Huntfish12 » Thu Dec 08, 2011 9:45 pm

50 and 60 deg. temps is not the kinda weather we need for gunnin. harvests and sightings are down to the north of us and all around locally. at this point in the season, im gonna rely on more luck then skill. I havent see any ducks, anywhere.
Theres always someone out there thats better then you. I'm that guy.
Huntfish12
hunter

Postby duckinfool72 » Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:12 am

bucksandducks84 wrote:I don't need to cyber scout my friend I hunt on all private property and scout on a daily basis as I take off of work from Sept till Feb. I have more details about where the ducks are and are not then most of you. I just enjoy reading and talking about duck hunting especially in the same state as me. But seeing as some people think that they are "duck commander" or something I guess I'll refrain from posting where the birds are. I really do dislike shallow people who flap their jaws in CYBER SPACE. Good luck to all you others and Keep the posts coming.
BRIAN SANDS

thank you for proving my point. I hunt private as well, but you certainly dont see me blowing up anyones state ground spot adding another 20 parties to the lottery because you heard at the gas station that your cousins aunts friend from her old job 2 years ago said they were smoking em at some WMA. if you dont think cygberscouting occurs and causes more problems then it does positives then you are truly a naive person. I dont care how long you take off work or where you hunt that is irrelevant to any of this. I love how you go on and call me a "duck commander" after you pound your chest on how you wake up in the morning and piss excellence for your first 3 sentences of your post :rolleyes:
DO SOME DAMAGE
duckinfool72
hunter

Postby Huntfish12 » Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:56 am

i saw a ton of coots today.........................................in delaware.

duckinfool72......Now is your chance to get that hunt of a lifetime that we talked about a while back!

dont forget these! http://www.knutsondecoys.com/decoy_duck/coot.html
Huntfish12
hunter

Postby duckinfool72 » Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:15 am

Huntfish12 wrote:i saw a ton of coots today.........................................in delaware.

duckinfool72......Now is your chance to get that hunt of a lifetime that we talked about a while back!

dont forget these! http://www.knutsondecoys.com/decoy_duck/coot.html

nah man cant kill nothing over them, you got to have the FFD oversized GHG coots to be sucessful :lol3:
DO SOME DAMAGE
duckinfool72
hunter

Postby Huntfish12 » Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:18 am

wow! thats a good one! I cant even think of a comeback!..tue sha my friend!
Huntfish12
hunter

Postby bucksandducks84 » Fri Dec 09, 2011 1:17 pm

To respond or not to respond that is the question...I'll sit back and keep the peace... to everyone who reads good luck and keep posting
bucksandducks84
hunter

Postby bubbasblazer » Fri Dec 09, 2011 3:53 pm

Got another skunk today, just not where they wanted to be. I did have a 1 ruddy duck pull two black ducks from us that were lookin.
bubbasblazer
hunter

Postby bucksandducks84 » Sun Dec 11, 2011 4:08 pm

Gonna be hitting the marsh tomorrow AM will let ya'll know what we see. still not confident but hoping this weather has pushed some birds down
bucksandducks84
hunter

Postby bucksandducks84 » Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:22 am

Well I was at it again cyber scouting the marsh today and saw VERY VERY FEW birds. Went to bombay and they had very little as well as little creek and woodland with very little. Snows are migrating like crazy but still nothing near what they used to be. I'll keep cyber scouting and keep ya'll informed.
bucksandducks84
hunter

Postby gooseman07 » Mon Dec 12, 2011 11:44 am

Saw a bunch of mallards on Saturday before shooting time. This morning they were gone! Everything was froze up where I was on Saturday. I'll go with a previous post.....in Delaware.
gooseman07
hunter

Postby Huntfish12 » Mon Dec 12, 2011 11:52 am

saw a pair of mallards today while deer hunting...along a river.......
Huntfish12
hunter

Postby bucksandducks84 » Mon Dec 12, 2011 11:55 am

Where where where I wanna go NOW....please please please where BAHAHAHAHAHAHA did you see any deer. I'm doing deer hunting tonight
bucksandducks84
hunter

Postby Marlinhunter » Mon Dec 12, 2011 1:23 pm

duckinfool72 wrote:while we are at it why dont we just put up google earth maps and pictures. I love cyberscouting :fingerhead:

in all seriousness does anyone put the work in any more? I mean really, get in your truck and put some miles on it.

You my freind are a dip $#%@... I might be banned or whatever for saying that but lordy its the truth. The guy stated write in the opening sentance "YOU DONT NEED TO PUT WHER YOU HUNTED".... Im guessing your a little illiterate?

Not to mention, lets face it, There is no where is in Delaware on public land that is really worth keeping a secret. And yes i know you might have your little old secret hole that you can kill a few birds here and there as well. But it aint really that good. And if it is a good spot, meaning you can shoot birds often then its more then likely a private farm.

And before you get your panties in a twist, i hunt public land in DE from the very top to the very bottom of this state, have scouted about every public spot that i know of.. And dont miss more then 2 days a week a season......

:fingerhead:
Marlinhunter
hunter

Postby drewsmith » Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:25 pm

All of this is from private sites in Kent and Sussex counties.

Leipsic River East of 9 very few ducks in the start of the season. A few teal around and some black ducks. Typical mallard flight to the "ranch" which is holding a good number but not as many as usual. The new improvements n the other side of the river seem to keep them moving more and has been a nice improvement. Muddy Branch. Further oout seems beeter. Only woodies and a few scattered teal are to the west. Simmons is holding some ducks right now. Little River was good numbers of Gadwall and not too much else. The 3.5" of rain brought them out for a day and that's it. Missipllion is very slim. Muderkill has some black ducks. Broadkill and Redmill are better are probaly the best spots in DE. This includes west side of 1 and the areas closer to the hook. Not saying much as the average bag is 0-3 ducks. The dark geese are just not hear in any number. We will see what the new full moon does.
drewsmith
hunter

Postby rodneyo » Mon Dec 12, 2011 6:50 pm

Was out at the state blinds in Kent Co. last Saturday. Did manage three ducks. One black duck, a gadwall, and a shoveler. A few ducks flying, but not many. Not much shooting either. Thanks to everyone who has been sharing there hunts. I know this wasn't too specific, but I think that's all anyone should ever ask for.
rodneyo
Newb

Postby duckinfool72 » Mon Dec 12, 2011 7:33 pm

Marlinhunter wrote:
duckinfool72 wrote:while we are at it why dont we just put up google earth maps and pictures. I love cyberscouting :fingerhead:

You my freind are a dip $#%@... I might be banned or whatever for saying that but lordy its the truth. The guy stated write in the opening sentance "YOU DONT NEED TO PUT WHER YOU HUNTED".... Im guessing your a little illiterate?

Not to mention, lets face it, There is no where is in Delaware on public land that is really worth keeping a secret. And yes i know you might have your little old secret hole that you can kill a few birds here and there as well. But it aint really that good. And if it is a good spot, meaning you can shoot birds often then its more then likely a private farm.

And before you get your panties in a twist, i hunt public land in DE from the very top to the very bottom of this state, have scouted about every public spot that i know of.. And dont miss more then 2 days a week a season......

I dont even know where to start with your uneducated post, you start off saying there is "no where on public ground worth keeping a secret" i mean really this statement alone shows your ignorance and stupidity, then you go on to say that a "hole hwere i can shoot a few birds here and there ait really that good" just furthers proves your stupidity. not really sure where the rest of your post about hunting public ground from top to bottom fits in throughout your misguided, unintelligent, bullcrap comes into play. who cares how many days you miss or dont miss, or what piece of state ground you hunt throughout the state you clearly have no clue. thanks have a nice day.
DO SOME DAMAGE
duckinfool72
hunter

Postby Marlinhunter » Tue Dec 13, 2011 9:09 am

duckinfool72 wrote:
Marlinhunter wrote:

I dont even know where to start with your uneducated post, you start off saying there is "no where on public ground worth keeping a secret" i mean really this statement alone shows your ignorance and stupidity, then you go on to say that a "hole hwere i can shoot a few birds here and there ait really that good" just furthers proves your stupidity. not really sure where the rest of your post about hunting public ground from top to bottom fits in throughout your misguided, unintelligent, bullcrap comes into play. who cares how many days you miss or dont miss, or what piece of state ground you hunt throughout the state you clearly have no clue. thanks have a nice day.

Haha, Talk about striking a nerve.... :hammer: I love toolbags such as yourself. And dont worry you can keep being the big bad internet officer and make sure know one "Cyber Scouts". Dont make one differance to me, i come on this site a few times to week to get a good laugh, primarilly at people like you! :lol:
Marlinhunter
hunter

Next

Return to Delaware Duck Hunting