Doug Travis WMA

Post now and share useful Kentucky duck hunting information. A few topics of discussion would be public hunting land in Kentucky, local techniques, and much more.

Moderators: duckbuster06, kydrake

Doug Travis WMA

Postby captrong » Fri Dec 09, 2011 7:45 pm

Anybody hunted during the backwater down at Doug Travis? I was drawn for a spot but haven't hunted down there yet we usually frequent the lakes down at Barlow. Water to low to boat in down there wondering bout Doug Travis area. Were gonna give it a whirl in the morning regardless let ya know how it turns out.
captrong
hunter

Re: Doug Travis WMA

Postby chrispbrown271 » Fri Dec 09, 2011 10:00 pm

Well if you are looking for water you are going to find it at Doug Travis! It's over the main road. We tried to hit it Wednesday and there were about 5 trucks parked just past the bridge on the main road and beyond them was the water. I sat there for a while and didn't see a duck flying. The water has gone down, but I don't know that it has gone down enough to use the road. If the road is still under it will be real tough to find your way around and you definitely better have a boat. Good luck man.
Chris
chrispbrown271
hunter

Postby captrong » Sun Dec 11, 2011 9:55 am

Well we did get the boat in, ran the backwater up to our spot. Got set up after re-rigging a few decoy's for the deep water. Couldn't put out our mojo's for the water was too deep. Seen very few duck's, had a handful of woodies buzz early. Other than that pretty slow and empty skies. Hoping the water falls out soon been pretty tough with the water holding round 43'.Not enough water to get in with the boat alot of places to big. Can't drive in for too much water. Good luck to everyone else.
captrong
hunter

Postby teamoutlaw » Mon Dec 12, 2011 7:31 am

ballard wont be no better. seeing very few ducks. what ducks we do have are scattered out bad now with this backwater.
teamoutlaw
hunter

Return to Kentucky Duck Hunting