Pheasants

A waterfowl discussion forum focusing on Kansas duck hunting.

Moderators: T Man, Mallyard, dukhntr, cluckmeister, yellowlab

Pheasants

Postby ks_waterfowler » Mon Nov 08, 2004 7:05 pm

Anybody else going pheasant hunting? We got exclusive permission for 1.5 sections over by garden city. Couple have pheasant famrs on the sides so we outta get some shots. Hope this cold weather brings some ducks since I am tired of shooting gadwall. Have seen some beautiful drake widgeon though.
whistlin_wings wrote:I grew up in a neighborhood with only 3 pools and a public golf course. Thug life is all I know.
ks_waterfowler
hunter

Postby duckplucker » Mon Nov 08, 2004 7:52 pm

I'll be hitting the fields for the pheasant and quail. Man i was building a fence up near Alta Vista and saw 2 nice coveys of quail one group had bout 15 in it and another like 10 or 12. Makes me ready to go kill em! Plus rifle season for deer is just round the corner!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: I cant wait
duckplucker
hunter

Postby yellowlab » Mon Nov 08, 2004 8:36 pm

yeah we always go back west to hunt upland... and dp rife hunting is way to easy ... get a bow and make it fair...... j\k
yellowlab
Forum & State Moderator

Postby duckplucker » Mon Nov 08, 2004 8:48 pm

I like things to be easy... hunting, fishing, women, ... :toofunny: j/k had to throw that one in.
"Take 'em"
duckplucker
hunter

Postby yellowlab » Sun Nov 14, 2004 1:13 pm

yeah you need them easy or... none for you ... :toofunny:
yellowlab
Forum & State Moderator

Postby ks_waterfowler » Sun Nov 14, 2004 1:14 pm

Shot 1, but it ain't cause of lack of birds. Needed a dog or two or more people. Saw probably 30-35 roosters. My little bro killed one (his first) and my dad crippled one that we lost after chasing it for 15 minutes. Lots of fun, an I want to do it again. Not many hunters either. Don't know why.
whistlin_wings wrote:I grew up in a neighborhood with only 3 pools and a public golf course. Thug life is all I know.
ks_waterfowler
hunter

Postby duckplucker » Wed Nov 17, 2004 9:04 pm

I went out last weekend and got my limit. Saw probably around 30 + rooseters and similar number of hens. It was the 1st place we went to that between my dad, my brother, and myself, we got 10 by 9:00 a.m. on an 80 acre CRP patch. It was without question the best pheasant hunt i've ever been on anyway! :salude: Couple fields later my dad and brother limited out too, so it was a good day. Didnt make it out Sunday :thumbsdown: but hope to go again this weekend. the weekend after that is our Thanksgiving Break from school and yellow and I and some friend ought to go pound a few ducks and geese :mrgreen: :thumbsup:
"Take 'em"
duckplucker
hunter

Return to Kansas Duck Hunting