Hunt Near Athens

For those who enjoy duck hunting in Georgia this is the place to discuss everything from Georgia duck hunting outfitters to hunting pintails, mallards and canvasbacks on lake Seminole.

Moderators: Dep6, Remman, caleb

Hunt Near Athens

Postby paulf9 » Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:41 am

I'm a senior at UGA, and I have been hunting the redlands for over three years now. Obviously I'm doing something wrong and I've finally admitted I need help. After having people drive their boats through my decoys at the redlands, having coon dogs bark relentlessly scaring any birds away, having random people blow the most terrible duck calls without stopping for hours, I need to find out what else i need to do and where else to hunt them near athens. Saw two mallards land on the big pond off of the river yesterday and were the first big ducks I have ever seen land in the redlands. Where else can I hunt within an hour and a half of Athens or even what other spots on the REdlands can i hunt? I need to kill some ducks before my exams tomorrow or else I will fail! Anyone have any advice that you could send my way? Thanks-
paulf9
Newb

Re: Hunt Near Athens

Postby aghudson » Mon Dec 12, 2011 11:15 pm

I'm a vet student at uga and started duck hunting while I was in undergrad here in athens (mostly on oconee) so I'm in the same boat. I know people that hunt clarks hill and lake russell and they aren't all that far away. There are a few creeks in the redlands that are good early in the season but get shot out pretty quickly.
aghudson
Newb

Return to Georgia Duck Hunting