Duck Hunting Forum banner

At the risk of more nut jobs coming out...

2K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  jsa 
#1 ·
Hey guys, thought I would be a good person and let you all know about this... :thumbsup: Probably won't be much pressure since not many people know about it...

Disclaimer: If you are a nut job who does any of the following please do not show up at Fallsville for this hunt...

1. Take off and shoot at birds before official daylight times.
2. Shoot at peoples heads "because there happens to be a bird in the same spot".
3. Let's your dog run all over the place, and get in my dog's way.
4. Clearly doesn't use a plug in their gun, as I can hear 14 hundred shots coming from the group of 3 guys...
5. Tries to shoot a da^^n rabbit with my dog in ANY near vicinity of said hunter and/or rabbit...
6. Decides a good time to hunt a field is when another group is already hunting it and heading straight toward you...
7. Shoots in the air at a bird the CLEARLY FOLDED FROM MY SHOT, then claims it just because you happened to get to it first. (MInd you I will not fight over a pheasant, but you WILL know that I think you're a dumba$$)

I think that's about it... :fingerhead:

Additional Pheasants to be Released in Southwest Ohio
Dec
9 Written by: ODNR Division of Wildlife
12/9/2011

Additional Pheasants to be Released in Southwest Ohio

Six wildlife areas to release birds in December

XENIA, OH - Approximately 500 additional ring-necked pheasants will be released on six southwest Ohio public hunting areas according to the Ohio Department of Natural Resources (ODNR) Division of Wildlife.

The pheasants will be released on the evening of December 14th (after shooting hours) and will be available to hunt starting Thursday December 15th. According to Wildlife Management Supervisor, David Kohler, "Birds will be released on Indian Creek, Fallsville, Caesar Creek, Rush Run, Spring Valley and Darke Wildlife Areas, with each area receiving 90-100 birds. Darke will receive about 50 birds".

Pheasant hunting season opened Friday, November 4th and remains open through January 8th, 2012, with a daily bag limit of two rooster (male) birds. Statewide hunting hours are sunrise to sunset.

See less See more
#3 ·
LOL, I know I did it really more just to vent... Figured it's a week day, it's supposed to be a crappy day with rain... Only duck hunters would be crazy enough to be out hunting... So I doubt there will be much competition! lol.. Usually limit out by 8:30 anyway... Shooting a limit of pheasants at a controlled release is like going and picking up chicken at Kroger, only difference is you get to bring your dog! :grooving:

#4 ·
I remember about 25 years ago the release birds were caged awaiting release the next day (I think Thanksgiving release). Late in the day the temps dropped and was followed by freezing rain. The State boys knew if the birds suffered through the night in the weather, jammed in the cages they'd likely die.

So...they released all the birds in one spot at midnight and dumped a pile of corn.

Next morning Jack and I rounded a corner and there were 100 birds standing around pecking at the corn. We decided to waive our arms and shout to get them flying. They kept eating. Eventually we started running at them to get flight. That just made 'em run. We couldn't get a bird airbourne to save our lives.

We ended up ground swatting our limit. Had I a dog at that time I would gotten 4 retrieves no shots fired. :lol3:

#6 ·
Ive been Thanksgiving morning at Spring Valley several times. Always had a good time despite the ignorant. I'm not shy to speak up to someone and I've never had a truly bad experience.

Last time out my friend shot a rooster the glided straight across the river and tucked up under the overhanging bank. An older guy and his two middle aged sons were walking out and noticed my 6' 350lb buddy poking around at the bank trying to figure out how to get across. One of the sons told him to relax, then sent his yellow lab into the river. That dog was awesome, worked commands right up to the bird and brought right to his masters hand. I enjoyed running into those guys. :thumbsup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.