Done

Waterfowl topics at their best, post here and read others views on Vermont duck hunting

Moderator: yellodog1

Done

Postby LBeinhaur » Wed Dec 14, 2011 1:45 pm

Well, that's it for me!
Not having seen enough ducks to make it worth my while, I put the decoys in the boat and wrapped it up for the winter.
Hope next year is a better one!
LBeinhaur
hunter

Re: Done

Postby RangerX » Wed Dec 14, 2011 2:30 pm

I'm still truckin... I need 15 more ducks to reach 100. I'm at 30 geese and 85 ducks.
RangerX
hunter

Postby hawkman » Wed Dec 14, 2011 3:53 pm

The big lady has not sung yet but she's warming up. Will try the Conn river Friday. If I get anything , I'll hunt Sat and Sun.
hawkman
hunter

Postby Lavman » Thu Dec 15, 2011 12:52 pm

RangerX wrote:I'm still truckin... I need 15 more ducks to reach 100. I'm at 30 geese and 85 ducks AND A NEW FLOOR FREEZER :biggrin: .

There, I fixed that for ya :beer: Good job on the season! My numbers pale in comparison, largely because I got discouraged and shifted to deer hunting and paaaaatridge huntin'. I am hopeful next year will be a total opposite of this year
Lavman
hunter

Postby vt.honker » Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:16 am

Lavman wrote:
RangerX wrote:I'm still truckin... I need 15 more ducks to reach 100. I'm at 30 geese and 85 ducks AND A NEW FLOOR FREEZER :biggrin: .

There, I fixed that for ya :beer: Good job on the season! My numbers pale in comparison, largely because I got discouraged and shifted to deer hunting and paaaaatridge huntin'. I am hopeful next year will be a total opposite of this year

:clapping: :clapping: Banquet being hosted by Ranger X!!!Date and location to be announced...byob :lol3: :lol3: :lol3:. CONGRATS AND GOOD LUCK ON REACHING YOUR GOAL RANGER X!!My goal ,for next year,is to have 2 good legs and be able to go waterfowling .As hawkman said on this thread earlier, still haven`t heard any lady singing yet and the season is still open ON THE CONN.RIVER...huuurah :grooving: :grooving: !!
So many geese,so much ammo,so little time left!
vt.honker
hunter

Postby RangerX » Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:54 am

Lavman wrote:

LOL, funny you mention that... as I just bought a new freezer for all the duck and my turkey! The wife was not happy with 2/3 of the freezer being all duck and geese.

I've made some really good smoked jerky, chili, and jambalyah so far... my next adventure is cured, slow smoked duck breasts. Hopefully they turn out good.
RangerX
hunter

Postby hawkman » Fri Dec 16, 2011 6:21 pm

Went out on the Conn river Friday. Had hoped for colder weather but all I got was 36 degrees and rain. Had two small bunches of mixed mallards and black ducks come in and downed three. Lost one when he came alive at my feet and flew away. Saw one small group of four geese and a bald eagle while running back up the river. That is all I saw all day.

Two days left and colder weather predicted. It is getting pretty discouraging but I may try it again Sunday if for no other reason than it is the last day.

Time to start planning the spring snow goose hunt.
hawkman
hunter

Postby hawkman » Sun Dec 18, 2011 5:51 pm

Went out on the Conn river for three hours on Sat. Jumped a small group of scoters running down the river. Other than that, never saw a duck or goose. Temps dropped to mid teens. Every time my waders or gloves touched the boat they froze to it.

Could not get inspired enough to go out Sunday. It was 8 degrees. Spent the day putting the decoys away and thawing out the rest of my gear.

That's all folks! The season is over here unless I happen to stumble across some snow geese.
hawkman
hunter

Postby RangerX » Mon Dec 19, 2011 8:21 am

I was out yesterday... wicked cold. My boat broke down so had to use another boat with no blind. We setup on a beach with our coffin blinds and shot a mallard. Saw a ton of whistlers, but with not boat we were SOL.

That's about it for me, we are going to hunt Thursday, just becaue it's the last day. Been a fun season... time to find some rabbits. :)
RangerX
hunter

Return to Vermont Duck Hunting