What do you think the best cartridge is?

From the .22 to the mighty 50 caliber

Moderator: fowl_wishes

Postby Cobra » Wed May 24, 2006 10:58 pm

12ga Mossberg 500 (3" lead BB's) worked for me. Had a middle of the night door busting breakin ~15 years ago. Was exiled to 3rd shift for a few weeks and a couple of "local teen age punks" knew it. It was my night off. Something about that distinctive noise of pump thumping a round into the chamber discouraged them from entering further. Only heard "$H!+", then some rapid footsteps exiting. They only got probation, which was fine. Did see them a few months later and, at their request, assured them that I would have seperated their heads from their shoulders. Last I heard they're doing 20+ years for drugs.
First it rained, then it blew, then it frizz, then it snew --- from an oldtimers gunning boat ~~ He understood what it's about!
Cobra
hunter

Postby LaRedneck » Thu May 25, 2006 3:58 pm

:withstupid: thats what where taught in the military, the whole chambering a round sound make people think twice before making another step.
THE RIGHT OF THE PEOPLE TO KEEP AND BEAR ARMS SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED

YOU GOT A PERMIT TO ASK STUPID QUESTIONS LIKE THAT (TRACE ADKINS)

NRA
DU
NAHC
LaRedneck
Forum & State Moderator

Postby Cobra » Thu May 25, 2006 6:22 pm

Actually learned it from a friends father, a Chief of Police. Considered it the best rowdy crowd attention getter they had.
First it rained, then it blew, then it frizz, then it snew --- from an oldtimers gunning boat ~~ He understood what it's about!
Cobra
hunter

Previous

Return to Rifle and Handgun forum