Dear Skybusters

The eastern side of the nation has some of the best hunting. Share your West Virginia duck hunting tips, tactics, insights and information.

Dear Skybusters

Postby WOODIE13 » Sun Dec 18, 2011 8:49 am

Please do not shoot at geese or ducks that are 100 yards up in the air, get the in close and kill them, skybusting will only educate the birds. A hint to knowing a goose is in range is to clearly see the white patch on the cheek. Let them get close, worst thing they can do is hit the blind.
WOODIE13
hunter

Re: Dear Skybusters

Postby woody3691 » Sun Dec 18, 2011 9:20 am

Jeeze you're lucky only 100 yards.....Hell we got guys here shooting at them at 200 plus lol I guess some people just will never learn man
woody3691
hunter

Postby WOODIE13 » Sun Dec 18, 2011 9:58 am

What was bad, took someone that had never been before and he even said the looked awful high as they flew over, just before the volley started.
WOODIE13
hunter

Postby Wahoosnwingbeats » Sun Dec 18, 2011 1:42 pm

How have they been flying woodie? Heading home wed I know a few spots I might hunt when I'm home
Quack'm in, whack'm low, stack'm high.

Less time posting= more time hunting
Wahoosnwingbeats
hunter

Postby WOODIE13 » Sun Dec 18, 2011 6:44 pm

Ducks were pretty decent numbers before season, but now next to nothing, need a solid week of cold to freeze up the the small water and push some new birds in. Geese are wise, but still good numbers.
WOODIE13
hunter

Postby Wahoosnwingbeats » Sun Dec 18, 2011 8:10 pm

10/4, thanks woodie didn't mean to hijack the thread
Quack'm in, whack'm low, stack'm high.

Less time posting= more time hunting
Wahoosnwingbeats
hunter

Postby WOODIE13 » Sun Dec 18, 2011 10:16 pm

No worries brother, it goes hand in hand with it. What area are you in and are you military? May not be Arkansas, but we still have some good shoots. We could link up based on the situation.
Shoot me a PM. Wish they still had the state duck stamp, amazing what $12.50 does for idiot avoidance, born again duck hunters (after deer season).

It is not all about limits, but conservation ended on opening day.

The future of our sport is to introduce as many newbies to the sport, train their mind set.
WOODIE13
hunter

Postby Z.herndon » Mon Dec 19, 2011 1:13 am

I will agree with woodie on this one. The future of duck hunting isn't about how many ducks you kill. The sport of duck hunting is being able to make the ducks come to you not shooting at them a mile high. I mean even with a super fullturkey choke they couldn't kill them all they are doing is ruining it for the rest if the real duck hunters. I have been trying to get laws past to keep them from skyblasting. Even on the odd chance they hit a bird by the time it lands and usually there not dead it just swims off and no one gets the bird. But oh well I guess skyblasters are never goingto learn. Right with you woodie!!!!!
Z.herndon
hunter

Return to West Virginia Duck Hunting