I'm back!

Share your opinions, reply to posts and meet others in the South Carolina duck hunting forum.

I'm back!

Postby whistlingwings » Thu Dec 22, 2011 3:36 pm

Finally back in SC visiting family for Christmas, it's been a long time since I've been on the forums. How's hunting in the western part of the state, getting anything from up north yet? We'll be on the Sav. river tomorrow roughly around I-20 if you know what I'm talkin about, looking forward to seeing anybody out there that used to hunt around there years ago
Nobody cares about your season totals. Especially if you pay to hunt private.
whistlingwings
hunter

Re: I'm back!

Postby C-Hawk19 » Thu Dec 22, 2011 4:34 pm

This has been the slowest season I have ever had. I hope you get on the birds tomorrow. If you do they are resident birds. I am hearing from a lot of guys in Canada and Minnesota. They are telling me they are still covered in birds and the lakes still haven't even frozen.
You know your hunting in South Carolina when a bunch of ducks fly in and you shot both of them!!
C-Hawk19
hunter

Re: I'm back!

Postby whistlingwings » Fri Dec 23, 2011 8:14 pm

Thanks for the heads up, yeah it was a lousy day, definitely imagine that's about the same everywhere right now. Had one lone pair of geese flying high right past us, too bad we're not skybusters. Only ducks all day we saw was one group of 5, definitely locals, they looked scared as hell, didn't even blink at any of the calling from multiple boats as the flew down the river. Unless you like to count coots, lots of em, coulda made a fantastic meal
Nobody cares about your season totals. Especially if you pay to hunt private.
whistlingwings
hunter

Return to South Carolina Duck Hunting