I hate beginners luck

Main forum for general non waterfowl discussions as well as general duck hunting information about travel, rules and regulations, and other duck hunting info along with the general topics.

Moderators: Tealer, Indaswamp, Dep6, La. Hunter, steve-o, #1wingnut, lostpup, Preacher1011

I hate beginners luck

Postby Jones co Ducker » Sat Dec 24, 2011 10:17 am

Yesterday my dad and I took my step brother(who doesnt hunt waterfowl ever!) hunting and after missing and missing some more he shoots 1 out of 8-10 woodies. His first duck Ok cool. Except this one was banded. :mad: Ive hunted for over a decade and never got a banded duck
WTN10 wrote:Why do you assume I'm a genius? Have you ever considered that I'm average and that you're retarded?


jehler wrote: Beginning of the season cyber scouters, whiney teenage drama queens and zombie trolls take their toll.
Jones co Ducker
hunter
 
Posts: 2096
Joined: Mon Aug 29, 2011 2:09 pm
Location: Trenton, NC


Re: I hate beginners luck

Postby HNTFSH » Sat Dec 24, 2011 10:37 am

Jones co Ducker wrote:Yesterday my dad and I took my step brother(who doesnt hunt waterfowl ever!) hunting and after missing and missing some more he shoots 1 out of 8-10 woodies. His first duck Ok cool. Except this one was banded. :mad: Ive hunted for over a decade and never got a banded duck


:lol3:
Cabela's Worlds FARCEMOST Outfitter
User avatar
HNTFSH
Mr. Plond
 
Posts: 19433
Joined: Sat May 20, 2006 5:33 pm
Location: Ohio

I hate beginners luck

Postby quackhunter99 » Sat Dec 24, 2011 10:43 am

Sucks to suck
2 year old field bred English Cocker Spanial
16x56 Go devil Boat with 35 longtail
Wigeon with 7 horse Go devil
User avatar
quackhunter99
hunter
 
Posts: 531
Joined: Sat Nov 26, 2011 9:00 am
Location: Tallahassee, FL/ Oxford, MS

Re: I hate beginners luck

Postby 2Longgone » Sat Dec 24, 2011 11:00 am

Dang, that's the way it goes. I still remember a time sevral years ago , been duck hunting over 30 years, that I did something similar. Granted I do have one duck band, from a montana banded mallard and two canada geese bands. But anyway there were 3 of us hunting a nice flooded corn field, birds were working it great, we were all close to a limit and I was on vacation. One of the guys with us needed to go to work and only needed one mallard to limit, it was my turn to pull on the next single, but since he needed to get to work I let him have the next mallard that came in, you guessed it, it was banded. Oh well I hear those little metal bands don't taste all that great anyway. :lol3:
2Longgone
hunter
 
Posts: 630
Joined: Sun Nov 23, 2008 7:55 pm
Location: swampeastmissouri

Re: I hate beginners luck

Postby one2many » Sat Dec 24, 2011 11:14 am

30 years duck hunting 0 duck bands,but i have a few geese bands
I'm way too baked to drive to the devil's house.
User avatar
one2many
hunter
 
Posts: 1045
Joined: Tue Dec 28, 2010 2:33 pm
Location: My Shangri-La beneath the summer moon

Re: I hate beginners luck

Postby ColoradoGooser » Sat Dec 24, 2011 11:28 am

Epic suckage.
"No man's Second Amendment rights are safe when the legislature is in session,especially when Democrats are in charge" Mark Twain

I carry a gun,because a cop weighs to much

Annoy a Liberal,work hard and be happy
User avatar
ColoradoGooser
hunter
 
Posts: 1827
Joined: Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:25 am
Location: Northern Colorado

I hate beginners luck

Postby jehler » Sat Dec 24, 2011 11:37 am

Sounds like karma, you been hating on step brother or something?
Buy it, use it, break it, fix it,
Trash it, change it, mail - upgrade it,
Charge it, point it, zoom it, press it,
Snap it, work it, quick - erase it,
Write it, cut it, paste it, save it,
Load it, check it, quick - rewrite it,
Plug it, play it, burn it
User avatar
jehler
thread hi-jacking expert and a great guy
 
Posts: 17516
Joined: Sat Nov 18, 2006 2:52 pm
Location: Traverse City, MI

Re: I hate beginners luck

Postby OGblackcloud » Sat Dec 24, 2011 11:39 am

Now hes hooked and he will be wanting to go with you all the time . Plus you will get to hear the story of how he shot that woody over and over again . Dont that sound like fun :lol3:
User avatar
OGblackcloud
hunter
 
Posts: 14471
Joined: Sat Oct 03, 2009 12:38 pm

Re: I hate beginners luck

Postby Jones co Ducker » Sat Dec 24, 2011 12:51 pm

jehler wrote:Sounds like karma, you been hating on step brother or something?



Funny that you say that because he has a tattoo that states you get what you give and he still hasnt reaped what he sows just keeps having it made and everything go right for him :mad:
WTN10 wrote:Why do you assume I'm a genius? Have you ever considered that I'm average and that you're retarded?


jehler wrote: Beginning of the season cyber scouters, whiney teenage drama queens and zombie trolls take their toll.
Jones co Ducker
hunter
 
Posts: 2096
Joined: Mon Aug 29, 2011 2:09 pm
Location: Trenton, NC

Re: I hate beginners luck

Postby Jones co Ducker » Sat Dec 24, 2011 12:52 pm

OGblackcloud wrote:Now hes hooked and he will be wanting to go with you all the time :lol3:



Aint happenin
WTN10 wrote:Why do you assume I'm a genius? Have you ever considered that I'm average and that you're retarded?


jehler wrote: Beginning of the season cyber scouters, whiney teenage drama queens and zombie trolls take their toll.
Jones co Ducker
hunter
 
Posts: 2096
Joined: Mon Aug 29, 2011 2:09 pm
Location: Trenton, NC

Re: I hate beginners luck

Postby garret schukis » Sat Dec 24, 2011 12:55 pm

that really sucks my first duck was banded and the last duck i shot was banded
2011-2012
114 ducks
68 geese
3 bands
1 collar
garret schukis
hunter
 
Posts: 447
Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2011 7:40 pm

Re: I hate beginners luck

Postby Jones co Ducker » Sat Dec 24, 2011 1:04 pm

Lucky
WTN10 wrote:Why do you assume I'm a genius? Have you ever considered that I'm average and that you're retarded?


jehler wrote: Beginning of the season cyber scouters, whiney teenage drama queens and zombie trolls take their toll.
Jones co Ducker
hunter
 
Posts: 2096
Joined: Mon Aug 29, 2011 2:09 pm
Location: Trenton, NC

Re: I hate beginners luck

Postby troutman561 » Sat Dec 24, 2011 1:31 pm

Last year was my first season and the second or third bird I shot was a nice wigeon drake in central Florida. Anyone familiar the area knows that doesn't happen often. To top it off, I was hunting with a friend who has been hunting for years and never shot one.
troutman561
hunter
 
Posts: 416
Joined: Sat Nov 26, 2011 12:53 pm

Re: I hate beginners luck

Postby 13space82 » Sun Dec 25, 2011 10:21 pm

i can take you somewhere and almost gauruntee you a banded woodie..
TNAL45 wrote: Well done sir. I vote this best bitch slap in DHC history.

http://www.duckhuntingchat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=174844

go get the bird wrote:Every time you post, Jesus lets a pitbull live.
User avatar
13space82
hunter
 
Posts: 1923
Joined: Fri Feb 01, 2008 5:04 pm
Location: West KY

Re: I hate beginners luck

Postby wigeon_call » Sun Dec 25, 2011 10:32 pm

13space82 wrote:i can take you somewhere and almost gauruntee you a banded woodie..



Ok... put your money where your mouth is and kill a banded wood duck withing 2 weeks. take a photo of it and write on it's belly DHC. Then post the certificate with the band and the photo of the duck.
User avatar
wigeon_call
hunter
 
Posts: 229
Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:15 pm

Re: I hate beginners luck

Postby pgquackstacker » Sun Dec 25, 2011 10:37 pm

My buddy had his gf get her hunting license, as soon as she did I told her that her first duck would be a banded greenhead. You guessed it her first duck was a big ole greenhead with some jewelry, I couldn't help but chuckle and tell her I told her so.
User avatar
pgquackstacker
hunter
 
Posts: 5150
Joined: Tue Sep 09, 2008 8:33 am
Location: NorCal

Re: I hate beginners luck

Postby 3legged_lab » Sun Dec 25, 2011 11:01 pm

Jones co Ducker wrote:Yesterday my dad and I took my step brother(who doesnt hunt waterfowl ever!) hunting and after missing and missing some more he shoots 1 out of 8-10 woodies. His first duck Ok cool. Except this one was banded. :mad: Ive hunted for over a decade and never got a banded duck

Bustard. Never hunt with him again, and while he's sleeping tonight fart in his face.
pgquackstacker wrote:Maybe you guys can hunt together and touch barrels.

Redbeard wrote: I simply side step the charging dog and swiftly deliver a judo chop to the back of the neck, temporarily disabling the dog. I then apply a rear naked choke until the dog falls asleep.
User avatar
3legged_lab
hunter
 
Posts: 6351
Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2009 6:12 pm
Location: klamath falls, OR Great Pacific Flyway

Re: I hate beginners luck

Postby wigeon_call » Wed Dec 28, 2011 6:17 pm

13space82 wrote:i can take you somewhere and almost gauruntee you a banded woodie..



I guess you're not going to accept my challenge?


You probably don't even duck hunt.
User avatar
wigeon_call
hunter
 
Posts: 229
Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:15 pm

Re: I hate beginners luck

Postby Jones co Ducker » Thu Dec 29, 2011 9:36 am

:lol:
WTN10 wrote:Why do you assume I'm a genius? Have you ever considered that I'm average and that you're retarded?


jehler wrote: Beginning of the season cyber scouters, whiney teenage drama queens and zombie trolls take their toll.
Jones co Ducker
hunter
 
Posts: 2096
Joined: Mon Aug 29, 2011 2:09 pm
Location: Trenton, NC

Re: I hate beginners luck

Postby JuniorPre 360 » Thu Dec 29, 2011 10:08 am

hahahaha did he even know what it was??
A BAD DAY AT THE MARSH BEATS A GOOD DAY AT WORK.
killwoodies101 wrote:your a dudshe bag! You dont own the river your dont own any property around it.. Its just as mush mine and any other tom **** and harry's as it is yours !! get a life share what is yours or stop hunting
User avatar
JuniorPre 360
hunter
 
Posts: 2894
Joined: Sun May 15, 2011 12:40 pm
Location: Canal de Panama

Re: I hate beginners luck

Postby Jones co Ducker » Thu Dec 29, 2011 10:30 am

Nope he knew it was a woodie just didnt know if it was a drake or a hen
WTN10 wrote:Why do you assume I'm a genius? Have you ever considered that I'm average and that you're retarded?


jehler wrote: Beginning of the season cyber scouters, whiney teenage drama queens and zombie trolls take their toll.
Jones co Ducker
hunter
 
Posts: 2096
Joined: Mon Aug 29, 2011 2:09 pm
Location: Trenton, NC

Re: I hate beginners luck

Postby WingBreaker » Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:38 am

wigeon_call wrote:
13space82 wrote:i can take you somewhere and almost guarantee you a banded woodie..



Ok... put your money where your mouth is and kill a banded wood duck withing 2 weeks. take a photo of it and write on it's belly DHC. Then post the certificate with the band and the photo of the duck.


He didn't say anything about a wood duck.
WingBreaker
hunter
 
Posts: 339
Joined: Mon May 01, 2006 8:14 pm

Re: I hate beginners luck

Postby Jones co Ducker » Thu Dec 29, 2011 12:06 pm

:lol3:
WTN10 wrote:Why do you assume I'm a genius? Have you ever considered that I'm average and that you're retarded?


jehler wrote: Beginning of the season cyber scouters, whiney teenage drama queens and zombie trolls take their toll.
Jones co Ducker
hunter
 
Posts: 2096
Joined: Mon Aug 29, 2011 2:09 pm
Location: Trenton, NC

Re: I hate beginners luck

Postby 13space82 » Thu Dec 29, 2011 6:09 pm

Image
You might not believe me but I killed 5 wood ducks during our earlyseason and this what I got. I said almost guarantee, but you don't have to believe me. It's less likely to kill them in the late season because the birds have left.
TNAL45 wrote: Well done sir. I vote this best bitch slap in DHC history.

http://www.duckhuntingchat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=174844

go get the bird wrote:Every time you post, Jesus lets a pitbull live.
User avatar
13space82
hunter
 
Posts: 1923
Joined: Fri Feb 01, 2008 5:04 pm
Location: West KY

Re: I hate beginners luck

Postby 13space82 » Fri Dec 30, 2011 1:30 pm

Ive got a surprise for you wigeon!

Pic will come later
TNAL45 wrote: Well done sir. I vote this best bitch slap in DHC history.

http://www.duckhuntingchat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=174844

go get the bird wrote:Every time you post, Jesus lets a pitbull live.
User avatar
13space82
hunter
 
Posts: 1923
Joined: Fri Feb 01, 2008 5:04 pm
Location: West KY

Next

Return to The Honey Hole

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Boatman, Exabot [Bot], hookedonquack24, lesser scaup, Professor_Leakey and 40 guests