Duck Numbers

If you are looking for the best duck hunting in Colorado, this is the place.

Moderator: dukhnter7

Duck Numbers

Postby duckman27 » Sat Dec 24, 2011 8:29 pm

What are the numbers like? Headed back to the high country on the 29th so I hope theres some birds.
duckman27
hunter

Re: Duck Numbers

Postby ColoradoGooser » Sat Dec 24, 2011 10:16 pm

It usually sounds like WW3 around my hunting area,by the lack of shooting I would say they arent around here.
Two weeks ago there were a ton of ducks around,but then that pretty typical when the season is closed. :yes:
"No man's Second Amendment rights are safe when the legislature is in session,especially when Democrats are in charge" Mark Twain

I carry a gun,because a cop weighs to much

Annoy a Liberal,work hard and be happy
ColoradoGooser
hunter

Postby shootable Goose » Sun Dec 25, 2011 1:21 pm

Still sounds like ww3 were I'm at
Bill Herian wrote:I would rather decoy ducks, but geese, geese are another story. Jump shooting geese is like playing dodgeball with fat kids. And I love dodgeball.
shootable Goose
hunter

Postby ColoradoGooser » Mon Dec 26, 2011 10:41 pm

Went out for a afternoon hunt today,hardly anything using the river but there were literally thousands of ducks coming off a warm water slough around the area,nothing would cooperate to my spread,did hear a few other shots.
"No man's Second Amendment rights are safe when the legislature is in session,especially when Democrats are in charge" Mark Twain

ColoradoGooser
hunter

Postby hockymvp » Fri Dec 30, 2011 6:36 pm

There are about a million in Boulder county right now. Driving home, I saw thousands in one field. Right down the street from me. I can't shoot a single one. Too close to town. I want one so bad. Little fockers.
hockymvp
hunter

Postby shootable Goose » Fri Dec 30, 2011 7:13 pm

Geese number are high but the eagles are scaring them away! 2 days ago I counted 12 eagles in a tree on fossil creak reservoir where there is open water but the geese are staying away. The first time we ever got skunked was yesterday. Damn eagles!
Bill Herian wrote:I would rather decoy ducks, but geese, geese are another story. Jump shooting geese is like playing dodgeball with fat kids. And I love dodgeball.
shootable Goose
hunter

Postby ColoradoGooser » Sat Dec 31, 2011 9:53 am

shootable Goose wrote:Geese number are high but the eagles are scaring them away! 2 days ago I counted 12 eagles in a tree on fossil creak reservoir where there is open water but the geese are staying away. The first time we ever got skunked was yesterday. Damn eagles!

There are quite a few Eagles around as usual,not a day goes by I don't see at least 20-25 out scouting around.
I've had them post up across the river in a cottonwood and set and watch.

ColoradoGooser
hunter

Postby shootable Goose » Sat Dec 31, 2011 11:14 am

Yea we usually see about 5 of them sitting in the tree. They just sit and wait for an injured goose. But lately there is just so many eagles and it isn't good for the goose hunting
shootable Goose
hunter

Return to Colorado Duck Hunting