Duck Hunting Forum banner

Duck Numbers

2K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  shootable Goose 
#1 ·
What are the numbers like? Headed back to the high country on the 29th so I hope theres some birds.

#2 ·
It usually sounds like WW3 around my hunting area,by the lack of shooting I would say they arent around here.
Two weeks ago there were a ton of ducks around,but then that pretty typical when the season is closed. :yes:

#4 ·
Went out for a afternoon hunt today,hardly anything using the river but there were literally thousands of ducks coming off a warm water slough around the area,nothing would cooperate to my spread,did hear a few other shots.

#6 ·
Geese number are high but the eagles are scaring them away! 2 days ago I counted 12 eagles in a tree on fossil creak reservoir where there is open water but the geese are staying away. The first time we ever got skunked was yesterday. Damn eagles!

#7 ·
shootable Goose said:
Geese number are high but the eagles are scaring them away! 2 days ago I counted 12 eagles in a tree on fossil creak reservoir where there is open water but the geese are staying away. The first time we ever got skunked was yesterday. Damn eagles!
There are quite a few Eagles around as usual,not a day goes by I don't see at least 20-25 out scouting around.
I've had them post up across the river in a cottonwood and set and watch.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.