Taxidermists in KY

Post now and share useful Kentucky duck hunting information. A few topics of discussion would be public hunting land in Kentucky, local techniques, and much more.

Moderators: duckbuster06, kydrake

Taxidermists in KY

Postby KYDUCKKILLA » Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:01 pm

Im looking to get a goose mounted and love Gunners work out of Nicholasville, but they are really high($500) for a goose. Does anyone else have any reccomendations for taxidermists in KY?
KYDUCKKILLA
hunter

Re: Taxidermists in KY

Postby quackstacker2 » Thu Dec 29, 2011 3:13 pm

Mid-State Taxidermy
859-744-7905

They do great work. Getting ready to take two ducks to them in Feb.
A diplomat is someone who can tell you to go to hell in such a way that you will look forward to the trip.

Behind every successful man is his woman. Behind the fall of a successful man is usually another woman.
quackstacker2
Account Suspended for Personal Attacks

Re: Taxidermists in KY

Postby JamieDuck1993 » Thu Dec 29, 2011 5:44 pm

quackstacker2 wrote:Mid-State Taxidermy
859-744-7905

They do great work. Getting ready to take two ducks to them in Feb.

Is he any good?

I found a gangrenous canvasback floating belly up on a local lake. It looked like he had taken a couple pellets from long range going away and got away but eventually died. A turtle or something had chewed up one side pretty good but a good taxidermist could make him look like something. I hate to see such a pretty bird go to waste so I picked him up and froze him just in case. I'm sure that the sport that shot at him would appreciate the gesture and would also hate to waste such a majestic bird.

A good retriever may have been all that it took to harvest this beauty.
JamieDuck1993
hunter

Return to Kentucky Duck Hunting