Duck Hunting Forum banner

With a cherry on top

2K views 14 replies 8 participants last post by  hntndux 
#1 ·
Yesterday I was invited to hit a spot with Pete, Troutslayer and Alex. Good hunt with lotsa birds. I think we were on the Yak, I cant really say as I got blindfolded at a truckstop and had to ride in the trunk of a car to the put in......basically a normal Thurs morning for me.
This hunt was alot more work than Im used to both in travel and in the actual hunt. But it was nice to do something different. The wind sucked!

27 greenheads and a drake pinnie
Click for a bigger view

See less See more
#3 ·
Its like a traveling decoy. its been on most of my hunts this year. lol Been out 23 x this year shot 23 limits, shot 16 drake pinnies and seen two others shot.

#11 ·
Your correct. I didnt limit on any day in DE but I was strickly refering to MT where Ive been out 24 x (counting today) and limited every time.

#12 ·
That lone duck in trouts pics was alot closer than it appears Maybe 20 yards up and cupped for the dekes. I had no gun and Petes wasnt loaded, Ben was taking pics and Alex was too far away. This one should really count his blessings. LOL

#14 ·
Jesus is this for real?

I strictly remember this duck, I think & I misfired, had to eject & then downed it so Trout took his youngin pup to go find it (great retrieve by the way)...thanks by the way for that one. Sick photo's! How did the water entries turn out?

Did you get a photo of you bird hoggin' on the 28th duck? It was only 7 yards to my buddies right, you were to his left & 7 inches away...no worries, he has only been out 3x this year & was lined up on the drake.

Hey Paul, tell us more about your endless limits? What was number 11 & 20 like? Can you provide more details with less white out?

Have fun providing for the DE guys boys, had my best buddies out here & it was semi stressful but when I stopped to realize that it is all about the camaraderie & laughs as opposed to how many you shoot it was quickly forgotten.

Happy new year dudes!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.