Special Bands

Duck Hunting for puddlers like Mallards, Sprig (Pintails), Black ducks, Widgeons, Woodducks, Teal, and other ducks.

Moderators: duckbuster06, The Cat Island Drake, Token

Re: Special Bands

Postby JON » Thu Apr 11, 2013 3:58 pm

Hbnel5on wrote:My little bro is tied for the youngest person to kill a jack miner band. Do a little research on them. RARE!! Tied at 9 years old

Curious to know how it is possible that you know this little tidbit of information.
JON
hunter

Postby quack wackr » Sat Apr 13, 2013 5:31 am

i shot my first banded bird this year in my third season of watefowling. it came one a nice calm sunday morning hunting canadas over water on the local lake. a flock of about 15 birds came by at about 35 yards, we decided to shoot since we had to leave soon and hadnt seen anything ina while... i dropped the only bird out of the flock and it happened to be banded. funny thing was i crippled the goose and when i picked it up it kicked me in the face lol got pissed at the bird and threw it in the boat without looking at it that closely. about a half hour later my brother goes , holy crap man look at that goose you shot ! the thing was sitting on the ple of birds with one leg sticking up sporting a big ole jack miner band ! bird was only banded the previous spring and was only shot about 35 to 40 km from where jack miners does there bandin. nether the less still a memorable hunt. i remeber everything about that hunt like it was yesturday
Attachments
first band resize 2.jpg
first band resize.jpg
quack wackr
hunter

Postby SemoDuck12 » Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:23 am

This past year was my first year to hunt, we had made it half way through the season and I was yet to kill a mallard. Two landed infront of us. My buddy said you got the green head I get the hen. You shoot first. I shot. Went out there and go both ours brought them back, laid em down and he says well congrats. I had no idea what he meant till he showed me. Lol.

Idk how to add a picture, but its my profile pic!
Attachments
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1366816998.890639.jpg
SemoDuck12
hunter

Previous

Return to Puddler Duck Hunting