New to the sport

Post now and share useful Kentucky duck hunting information. A few topics of discussion would be public hunting land in Kentucky, local techniques, and much more.

Moderators: duckbuster06, kydrake

New to the sport

Postby unclejack57 » Sun Jan 01, 2012 11:30 am

Hello to everybody out there, this is my first post. I am very new to the world of waterfowling I have friends that i served with that are die hards, but they all live in western Kentucky and thats to far to drive every weekend. Being located in Paris,KY(about 15 miles form lexington) its hard to find good used gear, I am looking a good used layout blind if anyone has one for sale. Tired of laying on the ground with a piece of burlap covering me. If anyone has anywords of wisdom or advice I would greatly appreciate them, Thanks
unclejack57
hunter

Re: New to the sport

Postby chrispbrown271 » Sun Jan 01, 2012 12:16 pm

Try calling Greenhead gear/Avery they sometimes have blinds that were loaned to pro hunters for promotional use that have been returned. They are used but mostly in good shape. You will have to call them and ask about them. Also, check craigslist if you haven't already you can find some great deals. I bought 3 dozen mallards for ten bucks a few years back and a dozen goose floaters for around the same price.
Thank you for your service to this country. May I ask what branch you are/were in?
Chris
chrispbrown271
hunter

Re: New to the sport

Postby unclejack57 » Sun Jan 01, 2012 12:31 pm

Hey man thanks for the info on the layout blinds I will definetly try giving them a call. I am currently serving in the Army reserve and have been for about seven years.
unclejack57
hunter

Return to Kentucky Duck Hunting