Duck Hunting Forum banner

Bird numbers in Nebraska

3K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  pheasants 
#1 ·
Okie here wondering what the duck numbers are in Nebraska... I'm working my way up the flyway to try and get an idea as to whether the migration has peaked or if there are still more birds to come. Are there still ducks hanging around? Have they moved on? Are you still waiting on the big push that usually happens late? The weather has been less than cooperative as of late with higher than normal temps. We had real good numbers before the split but since the split numbers in my area are low when they are usually high. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

#2 ·
Just to clarify my post, I'm not actually going to hunt in Nebraska just wanted to know if the birds have moved out or can we expect to see more our way. Posted the same topic in the Kansas forum and I think guys were thinking I was looking for spots to hunt. Not the case.

#4 ·
Thanks HH! Exactly the kind of info I was looking for. We've been suffering through warmer than usual temps as well. First part of the season was really good but now it's slowing down due to the lack of new birds. We had the largest hatch since 2000 and now we can't get the cold weather to push them down. Go figure! :no:

#5 ·
I hunt mostly around Omaha and we are STACKED up with ducks right now. The platte is loaded up with birds. Was goose hunting yesturday and man the ducks were coming from the Platte like crazy. Had some good hunting the first two weeks of Nov than pretty bad til we got the snow that second week in December. Pounded the ducks in the fields. Heading out to western NEb this week. Have a buddy out there who says the ducks are there pretty decent.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.