Bird numbers in South Dakota

This forum is for those who enjoy South Dakota duck hunting. And from spring Snow goose hunting and the Pheasant hunting in the #1 Pheasant state in the US.

Moderator: sdgr8wthnter

Bird numbers in South Dakota

Postby DuckZapper160 » Mon Jan 02, 2012 8:52 am

Okie here wondering what the duck numbers are in South Dakota... I'm working my way up the flyway to try and get an idea as to whether the migration has peaked or if there are still more birds to come. Are there still ducks hanging around? Have they moved on? Are you still waiting on the big push that usually happens late? The weather has been less than cooperative as of late with higher than normal temps. We had real good numbers before the split but since the split numbers in my area are low when they are usually high. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
STRAP IT DOWN!!
DuckZapper160
hunter

Re: Bird numbers in South Dakota

Postby go get the bird » Thu Jan 05, 2012 4:44 pm

DuckZapper160 wrote:Okie here wondering what the duck numbers are in South Dakota... I'm working my way up the flyway to try and get an idea as to whether the migration has peaked or if there are still more birds to come. Are there still ducks hanging around? Have they moved on? Are you still waiting on the big push that usually happens late? The weather has been less than cooperative as of late with higher than normal temps. We had real good numbers before the split but since the split numbers in my area are low when they are usually high. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

The birds have been gone for weeks.
MackieKnife wrote:The moral of the story is...I'm retarded.
go get the bird
hunter

Return to South Dakota Duck Hunting