Votes: 2 3.4%
  • Muzzy 3 blade?

Votes: 16 27.1%
  • Muzzy 4 blade?

Votes: 5 8.5%
  • other?

Votes: 28 47.5%

what broadhead?

8K views 33 replies 31 participants last post by  Bernie P. 
#1 ·
I need help deciding which broad head to shoot out of my pse bow madness for the upcoming season for Blacktail deer and antelope. because i live in Oregon Mechanical bh's are not an option. So far the three that have realy interested me so far are the g5 montecs, muzzy three blades and the magnus snuffer ss. what do you use and what do you recomend i use? i would also be interested to here recommendations.

#2 ·
I would seriously recommend you to take a look at Slick Trick Magnums (in either 100gr or 125gr depending what your intended FOC is) and G5 Strikers. They are both very sharp and blow through animals like you wouldn't believe it, with moderately good KE. These broadheads spin great out of the bow and will hit with your field points with good tuning (paper, bareshaft, walkback, broadhead).

Muzzy's are hell to tune because of a lack of consistency in spin test. The ferrule on slick tricks and strikers is steel, not aluminum like muzzy.

#4 ·
I agree with the above post about Muzzy's being hell to tune. Have never been a fan of Muzzy myself.

Any sharp broadhead will put em down. My personal choice is the Slick Trick 100 standard. Use them for deer and turkey, and they are IMO the best broadhead on the market. You hear alot of BH ads that claim "they fly like field points", but few actually deliver on that claim. Slick Tricks do. And they leave holes you wont believe!!

#11 ·
there are several good broadheads on the market. i have a friend who went on a mule deer hunt in colorado who was shooting the shuttle t's at 100 yds and getting phenomenal groups. slick tricks, steel force phat heads and innerloc stainless extremes are also good choices to reduce the amount of time "tuning." although arrow selection and bow set up are crucial to broadhead flight and consistency. any of the above mentioned broadheads will do the trick if the shot placement is good. i would suggest going with a broadhead that is readily available in your area unless you order online. it just makes it easier when you can get it from your local shop without waiting.

#12 ·
I really like the Muzzy 3 blade. I tried the Muzzy 4 blade and felt it didn't fly as well. I shot the rage expandables and while I did not dislike them, I won't shoot them over the Muzzy 3 blade. So far I have two deer with the 3 blades and neither of them has gone more than 120 yards.

#13 ·
I shot G5 Montecs last year and did not care for them. They flew great, but they did not cut real great. They do not hold an edge to well either. I stuck a deer and an elk and did not get any blood trails. The deer was a complete pass through! I tried the Shuttle T Lock for Bear. I never got a shot on one, but they are suppose to penetrate great and fly well too. I also have shot the RamCat from Smoke broadheads. It is freaking sweet!!! Its going to be my hunting head for sure.

If you go with G5 Montecs go with the CS. Carbon Steel. It holds a good edge and it left a massive hole in my father in laws bear. It ran 20 yards and was dead. THey only come in 100gr though.

#14 ·
I shot Thunder heads for years and they are an amazing broadhead! I upgraded my system this year. Since I moved to the smaller blazer vains, I don't get the same group I did before. So this year I switched to their new Killzone. They look amazing and I've seen the devastation..... pretty impressive! Can't wait to try them out this year! NAP :thumbsup:

#19 ·
4 blade slick trick is the way to go they are stronger than muzzys because the one piece ferrule and the alcatraz bladelock design
check em out you wnt be dissapointed
oh and you dont have to sight em in at all they really are feild point accurate

#26 ·
Slick Tricks or NAP Spitfire Pro's. Either one tunes very easilly and flies true. The Slick Tricks just seem to cut bigger than they look though...wicked little broadheads! :bow:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.