Do Mojos work good in the corn field?

For those who enjoy duck hunting in the fields, this is the place.

Moderator: Skyblaster7

Re: Do Mojos work good in the corn field?

Postby rwperry » Thu Jul 12, 2012 12:10 pm

JuniorPre 360 wrote:
rwperry wrote:
JuniorPre 360 wrote:
rwperry wrote:Mojo's don't work anymore. Ducks are used to them. If you use them at all use them early morning then pull them out when the sun comes up.

LOL really?!?! Does sound kinda stupid.... I'm not all about duck numbers but I shot WELL over 50 (LUCK) and I leave my mojo teal and mallard out all day till the suckers die. But our limits usually come first. As far as someone shooting "just 50," some states sucked for ducks this passed season. He may have shot the only 50 he saw all season. You need to remember that most of these guys were hunting before you were even on this earth. Kids... :rolleyes:

Well maybe thats why you are out "ALL DAY"

lol... I saw your other pics. Sorry, I didn't realise you were only like 12. :welcome: to the forum!

You also probably noticed that my age didn't affect how many ducks I kill. :huh:
rwperry
hunter

Postby BBK » Thu Jul 12, 2012 1:08 pm

rwperry wrote:
JuniorPre 360 wrote:
rwperry wrote:
JuniorPre 360 wrote:
rwperry wrote:Mojo's don't work anymore. Ducks are used to them. If you use them at all use them early morning then pull them out when the sun comes up.

LOL really?!?! Does sound kinda stupid.... I'm not all about duck numbers but I shot WELL over 50 (LUCK) and I leave my mojo teal and mallard out all day till the suckers die. But our limits usually come first. As far as someone shooting "just 50," some states sucked for ducks this passed season. He may have shot the only 50 he saw all season. You need to remember that most of these guys were hunting before you were even on this earth. Kids... :rolleyes:

Well maybe thats why you are out "ALL DAY"

lol... I saw your other pics. Sorry, I didn't realise you were only like 12. :welcome: to the forum!

You also probably noticed that my age didn't affect how many ducks I kill. :huh:

I used to think the same thing when I was a little kid. I'm sure all of us did. When you grow up and learn more about duck hunting you will realize how dumb your comments were. For some reason you think the amount of ducks killed makes the hunter, well someday you will grow up and learn this is not true.

By the way, the mojo duck (spinning mechanical winged decoy) was invented for use on bright days. The wings reflect the light and look like a flash strobe which triggers the curiosity of the duck.
BBK
hunter

Postby BBK » Thu Jul 12, 2012 1:10 pm

If you don't believe me, show this topic to your father and see what he thinks. I'm sure you wont because you know you will get your hide ripped for your comments in public (public forum).
BBK
hunter

Postby rwperry » Thu Jul 12, 2012 1:30 pm

BBK wrote:If you don't believe me, show this topic to your father and see what he thinks. I'm sure you wont because you know you will get your hide ripped for your comments in public (public forum).

Why would my father get mad at me?
rwperry
hunter

Postby BBK » Thu Jul 12, 2012 1:38 pm

I was hoping your father does not have the same cocky, know-it-all, I'm better than you, attitude and would try and teach you that it is not the way to act in public.
BBK
hunter

Postby rwperry » Thu Jul 12, 2012 1:44 pm

So my dad should get mad at me because I voiced an opinion, was called stupid for it, and then stood up for myself?
rwperry
hunter

Postby JuniorPre 360 » Thu Jul 12, 2012 1:58 pm

rwperry wrote:You laugh but you have a 50 bird season. Not much room to talk...

rwperry wrote:haha ok think what you want. You keep killing your 50

rwperry wrote:Well maybe thats why you are out "ALL DAY"

rwperry wrote:You also probably noticed that my age didn't affect how many ducks I kill. :huh:

rwperry wrote:So my dad should get mad at me because I voiced an opinion, was called stupid for it, and then stood up for myself?

No, I think BBK was talking about all of these smart alec remarks. You still have a lot to learn kid. But if I was you, I would learn now that kill numbers have absolutely NOTHING to do with how good of a hunter you are as well as how many bands you have. If this were the case, we'd all appreciate Foiles and Clint Calder for what they've done :yes:
A BAD DAY AT THE MARSH BEATS A GOOD DAY AT WORK.
killwoodies101 wrote:your a dudshe bag! You dont own the river your dont own any property around it.. Its just as mush mine and any other tom **** and harry's as it is yours !! get a life share what is yours or stop hunting
JuniorPre 360
hunter

Postby rwperry » Thu Jul 12, 2012 2:11 pm

So BBK, since you are 21 you already know everything there is to know?
rwperry
hunter

Postby JuniorPre 360 » Thu Jul 12, 2012 2:19 pm

:lol: lol wow...
A BAD DAY AT THE MARSH BEATS A GOOD DAY AT WORK.
killwoodies101 wrote:your a dudshe bag! You dont own the river your dont own any property around it.. Its just as mush mine and any other tom **** and harry's as it is yours !! get a life share what is yours or stop hunting
JuniorPre 360
hunter

Postby BBK » Thu Jul 12, 2012 3:04 pm

rwperry wrote:So BBK, since you are 21 you already know everything there is to know?

Nope, not even close. I learn new things every day, and I often look back at what I said on the internet a few years ago and I feel ashamed I acted that way.

It sounds like you are very passionate about waterfowl hunting, and that is GREAT! You just have some more to learn in life, like all of us! Unfortunately some people never do get over the 'I'm better than you because.....' stage.
BBK
hunter

Postby cuppedandkilled » Tue Jul 31, 2012 3:02 pm

I've had times where they were didn't care if the Mojo was on or not, and I've had times where the hunters in the neighboring field were decoying every single duck. We ran back the house quick, threw up a Mojo and we started decoying ducks.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2
cuppedandkilled
hunter

Postby tornadochaser » Thu Aug 02, 2012 3:39 pm

rwperry, there are guys on this forum that have outlawed more ducks in 1 day than you will shoot in a season. They've been there done that, and regardless of how good of a hunter you may or may not already be, you're opinion is only as good as your ability to communicate it.
FYI, mojos have been proven time and time again to be more effective the less cloud cover there is. There are days that we absolutely beg the gods to part the clouds before sunset so we can pull mallards off their flightlines into our cornfields if we aren't on the x. You can see a spinner for a mile or two when the sun is hitting it. The more flash, the more the mojo looks like ducks lighting in the spread, the less flash, the more the mojo looks like a decoy.
tornadochaser
hunter

Postby rwperry » Fri Aug 03, 2012 1:00 pm

hahahahahaha ok bro
rwperry
hunter

Postby BBK » Fri Aug 03, 2012 1:04 pm

rwperry wrote:hahahahahaha ok bro

If you are going to keep that attitude, you wont last long here.
BBK
hunter

Postby rwperry » Fri Aug 03, 2012 1:26 pm

:lol:
rwperry
hunter

Postby tbossart » Wed Sep 26, 2012 4:48 pm

It has been my experience that a Mojo works on the hood of your truck....they work every where, but really its the scouting that makes the difference betwen exceptional and just OK hunting. If you are WHERE the ducks really want to be....then thats that mojo or not. But I run four, and ALL of them right off the ground now days and ya gotta have remotes if you want to shoot geese.
tbossart
hunter

Postby Dbishop311 » Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:31 pm

tbossart wrote:It has been my experience that a Mojo works on the hood of your truck....they work every where, but really its the scouting that makes the difference betwen exceptional and just OK hunting. If you are WHERE the ducks really want to be....then thats that mojo or not. But I run four, and ALL of them right off the ground now days and ya gotta have remotes if you want to shoot geese.

Thats old news...
No contest ring. No gimmicks. No compromising. It’s just pure, raw, balls-to-the-wall, don’t tell your mother, most powerful, non-nuclear duck calling machine on the planet.This call may not be for everyone. But if you can drive it, Game over......
Dbishop311
hunter

Postby duckslayr24 » Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:35 pm

We usually have 5-7 mojos runnin and the duck eat em up every time
duckslayr24
hunter

Postby Fatback » Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:38 pm

What about late season, wary birds that are feeding on the fields.... hearing guys saying their dropping Mojo's outta the spread as their flaring
Saying things taste "gamey" is a sign of poor taste
Fatback
hunter

Postby rebelp74 » Sat Dec 01, 2012 2:44 pm

Spinning wings work way better in the fields. The more the merrier. I use 2 spinning wing decoys and 10 mojo wing things mixed in with my decoys all season with no problems.
Indaswamp wrote:
jaysweet3 wrote:Looks a little small.

Dat's what She said....

Underradar wrote:We, the unsigned members of the HH, are not allowed to address such questions. But thank you for asking.
rebelp74
hunter

Postby cutdownolt » Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:08 pm

toys are for kids, you children keep your spinners. you land the big groups without them
cutdownolt
hunter

Postby Joe Guide » Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:17 am

Not so good when the winds are greater than say.... 25 mph they'll lock up. We had three of em all lock up and didn't have a spinning wing decoy with us during our last trip with friends of mine.

I like and use non motorized - spinning wing decoys when field hunting in SASK, or field shooting in NW Texas or South Central OK becasuse of that earlier experience.
Mr. Nash, he had me take out a Mr. Money from England, who was "De' Shooingest Gent'man" I'd ever did meet! ***Check out [Joe Guide YOU TUBE hunting Videos]***
Joe Guide
hunter

Previous

Return to Field Duck Hunting