Boat trouble. Please help.

Post now and share useful Kentucky duck hunting information. A few topics of discussion would be public hunting land in Kentucky, local techniques, and much more.

Moderators: duckbuster06, kydrake

Boat trouble. Please help.

Postby Callaway2084 » Tue Jan 10, 2012 12:18 am

Last time i went out duck hunting in my boat it did fine getting us to our spot but when we were coming back it died. So i tried to crank it up. Never would crank so we tried to paddle a ways but the boat is to heavy. So then i tried to crank it again and it cranked but it only ran for about 100 yards. Then i had to wait again and it cranked and died again. A guy ended up towing us in. Does this sound like to much moisture is pumping through or a carb issue to you? Please help i appriciate all answers!!!
Callaway2084
hunter

Re: Boat trouble. Please help.

Postby dablaw » Tue Jan 10, 2012 2:14 am

Check for pinholes or cracks in fuel line from tank to motor...if it checks out dump fuel and drain whole system.. Probably fouled the plugs so clean them and regap them..Should help...
I'm an old fart , but young at heart...Been there,done that, wrote the freakin book...When i die I hope it's at sunrise, with a gun in my hand, and the sound of wings overhead...
dablaw
hunter

Postby JamieDuck1993 » Tue Jan 10, 2012 6:22 am

sounds like a fuel problem for sure. May also have some trash in highspeed jet on carb. it is either starving for fuel or air....fuel is usually the more obvious problem...I'd start with some good gas and see if that helps.

If you aren't comfortable going through the fuel circuit top to bottom just run it by an outboard shop and tell them what happened. there is a lot of them around brackley lakes.
JamieDuck1993
hunter

Postby JCRGCCOOT » Tue Jan 10, 2012 6:50 am

JamieDuck1993 wrote:If you aren't comfortable going through the fuel circuit top to bottom just run it by an outboard shop and tell them what happened. there is a lot of them around brackley lakes.

Where the hell is brackley lake?
Shoot'em in the face!
JCRGCCOOT
Newb

Postby mmayes » Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:02 am

JCRGCCOOT wrote:
JamieDuck1993 wrote:If you aren't comfortable going through the fuel circuit top to bottom just run it by an outboard shop and tell them what happened. there is a lot of them around brackley lakes.

Apparently right beside Kentuckly Lake :hi:

Mayes
mmayes
hunter

Postby BackWater Bandit92 » Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:14 am

mmayes wrote:
JCRGCCOOT wrote:

Apparently right beside Kentuckly Lake :hi:

Mayes

No Brackley lake is not beside kentucky lake barkley lake is beside kentucky lake.
BackWater Bandit92
hunter

Postby mmayes » Tue Jan 10, 2012 12:55 pm

Dude go back and look at my spelling of Kentucky Lake at you will see what I was implying

Mayes
mmayes
hunter

Postby duckslaya_187 » Tue Jan 10, 2012 3:08 pm

JCRGCCOOT wrote:

It is by lake kentucky, but I was told it is spelled different. there are a lot of ducks there on barcley lake but someone said they were coot. whatever they were fun to shoot. lets hunt!
if you aint blastin you aint lastin
duckslaya_187
hunter

Postby stratos284 » Tue Jan 10, 2012 7:04 pm

Next time it dies check to make sure the bulb is still firm,
stratos284
hunter

Postby ole Timer » Mon Jan 23, 2012 1:56 am

you might try a new fuel pump, In my old 15 hp 2 stroke did the same thing run a few yards and die, I changed the pump and it would run fine for the rest of the season, this gas eats em up quick with out some treatment in the tank.
ole Timer
hunter

Postby KyFowl20 » Mon Jan 23, 2012 6:34 am

A pin hole in the gas line would be what Im thinking too, however a friend of mine had the same issue the other day. It ended up being this: Where the gas line enters the gas tank there is a seal in that cap. It ended up being cracked and caused a vaccum leak and wasn't pulling the proper fuel. I didn't seem to think this part was replaceable because it wouldnt turn or give away that it would come out at all. Someone on here may be able to tell you diffrently but I would say replace the tank if that is the case.
HGC Prostaff
KyFowl20
hunter

Return to Kentucky Duck Hunting