Another great day in the scull boat...

Main forum for general non waterfowl discussions as well as general duck hunting information about travel, rules and regulations, and other duck hunting info along with the general topics.

Moderators: Tealer, Indaswamp, Dep6, lostpup, #1wingnut, steve-o, Preacher1011, La. Hunter

Re: Another great day in the scull boat...

Postby Indaswamp » Sun Mar 11, 2012 2:35 am

Bump for montanafowler....
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby Botiz630 » Sun Mar 11, 2012 6:39 am

Indaswamp wrote:Bump for MinnesotaDan....

FIFY
Holy Molly
Botiz630
Forum Moderator

Another great day in the scull boat...

Postby Redbeard » Sun Mar 11, 2012 2:03 pm

Uh oh we got someone gettin the scullin bug?
"Jedge, y' know, suh, us all has ouh good an' ouh bad days wid de ducks. Yes, my lawdy, us sho' do. Dey's times whin de ducks flies all ovah ev'ything an' ev'ybody, an' still us kain't none o' us hit nuthin'- lak me an' you wuz' dis mawnin' "
Redbeard
Super Trooper

Postby Dr.6 » Tue Sep 24, 2013 1:43 am

The education that happens in a scull boat or any other outdoor adventure is one that is more profitable than a Doctorate degree from the finest schools. This year I lost my father to lung cancer and I can tell you every first week of October I would get taken out of school for a Northern Cali hunt(it always opens a week earlier than normal season) and then again on the Friday of the second weekend of October. After that I would stay in school and we would leave after work. Point is that I am 44 now and those memories are far stronger in my mind than any other memory that I have of 7 years old. It also built a bond so strong that I would listen to anything my father ever said, if said don't get wrapped up in this or that then so be it, he was right. I have killed thousands of Ducks with my dad and absolutely hundreds of geese as well. Is school important yes, I became a Dr., but I did it so I might have more time to take my own boys hunting. I can close my eyes and smell the air of the town we would arrive in as Dad and I would put elbows on the hood and glass for ducks and geese on the lake. DOnt ask to take your son to hunt, its a right of passage, tell her you won't tell her how to tell her daughter how to pick out a dress but let me have the boy. Been there and done that and in retrospect I want to thank my Dad for all the times he pushed this kid across a lake on an excellent scull just to find out that he has been asleep for 40 minutes and that he is going to be shooting alone...I Love You Dad. RIP
Dr.6
hunter

Previous

Return to The Honey Hole