goin to santee

Share your opinions, reply to posts and meet others in the South Carolina duck hunting forum.

goin to santee

Postby scpuddle38 » Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:24 am

ussally make a trip to santee every year. me and 4 buddys gonna leave wendsday and try to scout a good bit befor hunting. i know its gonna be packed with hunters but gonna try to get some ducks and have some fun. ill let yall know how it goes.
scpuddle38
hunter

Re: goin to santee

Postby carolinagreenhead » Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:34 am

Good luck and :welcome:
carolinagreenhead
hunter

Postby bigsprig » Thu Jan 19, 2012 6:52 pm

Come on down, 50 vehicle/trailers at Low Falls last time I went, doubt there were 50 ducks shot that morning on the public waters. But please, do not "scout" during hunting hours like the two boats we had to deal with Saturday morning. Scouting should mean quietly observing without busting down the creek and into every cove at 8:30 AM.
Pro staff: Pop Tarts, Little Debbie, Armour Vienna Sausage! Just an old duck hunter that grew up hunting from Moes lake to McGirts Lake in beautiful Sparkleberry Swamp.
bigsprig
hunter

Postby scpuddle38 » Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:51 am

no doubt santee aint like it used to be. but no scouting at 8:30 in the morning for us thats a terriable feeling walking up on guys hunting they would have got light shined in there eyes and a little talk. sometimes you cant help it in the dark if they dont know there in there.but at 8:30 theres no excuse but if you see a big toatter home at the ramp come say hello.
scpuddle38
hunter

Return to South Carolina Duck Hunting