Duck Hunting Forum banner

First yote

1K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  montana bound 
#1 ·
Checked my snares this morning before going in to town ,had nothing , gone about an hour. I pull up behind the house and look behind the dog kennels and see this coyote looking at me. I had a snare in a trail about 50 yrds past the dogs compound and he was in it, I ran in the house and got the 22 and put it down. Not bad for a -20 degree morning

See less See more
#2 ·
Nice.

Looks like he was really working the wire. Are you using a kill spring on an amberg or camlock? If not I would highly recommend you do. About 95% of my snared yotes and fox are DOA with little cable damage. If you dont put them down fast they will chew the wire and be gone.

I run 1x19 cable in either 1/16 or 5/64" with a kill lock set up.

#3 ·
phutch30 said:
Nice.

Looks like he was really working the wire. Are you using a kill spring on an amberg or camlock? If not I would highly recommend you do. About 95% of my snared yotes and fox are DOA with little cable damage. If you dont put them down fast they will chew the wire and be gone.

I run 1x19 cable in either 1/16 or 5/64" with a kill lock set up.
I Not sure what kind other then they are Thompson snares. You are right he was working on the wire, he hadnt been in it long though. Went back out this morning to replace the snare(Didnt have time yesterday) and there was a fresh set of tracks running right up the same trail. Oh well it will be back sooner or later.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.