Duck Hunting Forum banner

President Bush and my trip to Mexico

3K views 49 replies 25 participants last post by  duckplucker 
#1 ·
Dear President Bush

I'm about to plan a little trip with my family and extended family, and I would like to ask you to assist me. I'm going to walk across the border from the U.S. into Mexico, and I need to make a few arrangements. I know you can help with this.

I plan to skip all the legal stuff like visas, passports, immigration quotas and laws. I'm sure they handle those things the same way we do here.

So, would you mind telling your buddy, President Vicente Fox, that I'm on my way over? Please let him know that I will be expecting the following:

1. Free medical care for my entire family.
2. English-speaking government bureaucrats for all services I might need, whether I use them or not.
3. All government forms need to be printed in English.
4. I want my kids to be taught by English-speaking teachers.
5. Schools need to include classes on American culture and history.
6. I want my kids to see the American flag flying on the top of the flag pole at their school with the Mexican flag flying lower down.
7. Please plan to feed my kids at school for both breakfast and lunch.
8. I will need a local Mexican driver's license so I can get easy access to government services.
9. I do not plan to have any car insurance, and I won't make any effort to learn local traffic laws.
10. In case one of the Mexican police officers does not get the memo from President Fox to leave me alone, please be sure that all police officers speak English.
11. I plan to fly the U.S. flag from my house top, put flag decals on my car, and have a gigantic celebration on July 4th. I do not want any complaints or negative comments from the locals.
12. I would also like to have a nice job without paying any taxes, and don't enforce any labor laws or tax laws.
13. Please tell all the people in the country to be extremely nice and never say a critical word about me, or about the strain I might place on the economy.
14. I want English printed on all goods that I will buy there, including my box of cereal.
I know this is an easy request because you already do all these things for all the people who come to the U.S. from Mexico. I am sure that President Fox won't mind returning the favor if you ask him nicely.

However, if he gives you any trouble, just arrange a quail hunting trip for him with your V.P.

Thank you so much for your kind help.

Sincerely,

A true blue blooded American citizen

Hvac's disclaimer--While I don't agree with everything listed above, the context that it is in; a joke, is quite funny and rings true in most incidences. So if you don't like it, I don't wanna hear about it........lighten up.
H

See less See more
#8 ·
yea I'm with ISHOOTDIVERS, I'm still to pissed off about the whole thing to say anything nice, so like my mother said, i'm not going to say anything here...... :pissed:

#9 ·
I think its a crying shame that our government caters to the well wishes of foreigners more so than their own, just look at how we treat all of our "American" senior citizens!!!! I think the beano's have a plan, flood the US with their own, and eventually take the country over, their still ticked off about loosing the Alimo!!!

#16 ·
admin2 crushed my last soap-box with his big hammer, so i can't get on it here, but it really is ridiculous that we have to put up with that stuff. i already have a family to pay for, why should i have to pay for another family i dont even know. you think some mexican family would adopt me if i wanted to move down to mexico when all the ducks have migrated down there? anyone else want to go with me?

#17 ·
hankrt said:
I think its a crying shame that our government caters to the well wishes of foreigners more so than their own, just look at how we treat all of our "American" senior citizens!!!! I think the beano's have a plan, flood the US with their own, and eventually take the country over, their still ticked off about loosing the Alimo!!!
I agree with you but that doesnt mean we should call them beanos.

#18 ·
cinnamonteal7 said:
i think that gun man and i shoot divers should back up and go to there local wallmart and look around a little while :eek:
Why the hell would I want to go to that place, I know what is "associated" with Wal-Mart, thus I stay as far away as possible.Plus around here Wal-Mart is usually backed full of another ethnicity, it's kind of odd actually you could see the wave migrate a little further from the city once they put the Wal-Mart in, that place is like a damn magnet for people I do not care for!I'm just a little bothered by the situation, I'll keep my words to myself, I don't want to make anyone one, oh and Hankrt, Beano's :toofunny:

#20 ·
hankrt wrote
I think the beano's have a plan, flood the US with their own, and eventually take the country over, their still ticked off about loosing the Alimo!!!
Umm did you read the whole book in your history class Santa ana won at the alamo

the almo was fought by texas rebels Not fighting for the united states or even independence from mexico But for the previous mexican constitution Of 1824 I think Because santa ana took so long to take the alamo around 2 weeks Sam houston was able to gather his troops and supplies and then later defeat him(santa ana ) in San Jacinto the texas rebeles and santa ana Did not even know that Texas had already been given its independence Prior to the alamo When houston and his soldiers showed up they had less than a thousand to fight against santa anas almost 1300 When the battle was over texas had lost less than ten men and less than 20 were injured Santa ana had lost over 600 and texas had captured just about as many including santa ana

As far as mexicans or anyother illegal I personly think all should be considered felons All should get sent back I dont care how long they have lived here And how many grand kids they have If I were to steal from anyone I would be in jail IMO illegals are stealing benfits jobs welfare and many more things from us americans I do understand why they want to come here And I have no problem with them coming As long as they do it the right way I work in long beach Ca I see them everyday I cant even order a cheeseburger without them screwing it up They should also learn english before being allowed here Im tired of seeing and needing to do almost everything in spanish Who's country is this anyway Another thing They want to boycott america on may first Any employer who does not fire anyone that does not show up for work on monday We should boycott This is america The illegals want rights Yet they are not apart of us They break all the laws pertaining to us american citizens And still believe they are entitled to something I for one am sick of it and unless us americans start making a little noise Bush will be giving them amnisty Where are our protest Hmmm We are letting them take the country And they are not even using military force why is our government letting this happen so easy Just something to think about

#21 ·
Well I thought that this might happen. Nothing like turning satire into a raging debate of immigration. The problem as it stands is too far gone. Illigal and legal immigrants have been coming to this great country of ours since the early 1600's, before America was America, with no apparent culmination in the near future. The issues that our elected officials have is deciding who is going to get screwed the worst. Because rest assured, somebody is getting screwed. This problem has no viable solution and will never go away. Just to play devils advocate, let's examine the "why's" of all immigration, not just mexican.

Political Freedom
Religious Tolerance
Economic Opportunity - People want a better life - better job - more money
Political Refugees fear for their lives
Some want free atmosphere
Forced Immigration (Slavery)
Family Reunification

There are two types of motivation for immigration;
Push(need to leave in order to survive)
Pull (attracted to new way of life)

The who's of past and present immigration...............Anybody in your blood line in there?
Irish, British, Italians, Russians, Greeks, Slavs, Eastern Europeans, Armenians, Germans, Austrians, Hungarians, Scandinavians, Africans, Chinese, Cubans, Latins and so on and so on.

The Irish, in their large numbers, were looked upon as a drain on society. They were not liked, because it was generally thought that they took too many jobs away from the public who was there already. Many help wanted ads included the phrase "Irish need not apply."

Polish - Were treated with little respect and formed their own communities
Italian - Italians were treated with some respect but not much and formed their own communities. Most came here to see family
Jews - Were treated with little respect and formed their own communities
Asian - Were treated with no respect but formed their own communities

This country is truely a melting pot. That is exactaly what makes us great. That is also exactaly why we are almost universaly hated. Tolerance and acceptance is apart of our culture, it is exactaly why all these people want to come here.

Not like the brazen giant of Greek fame
With conquering limbs astride from land to land;
Here at our sea-washed, sunset gates shall stand
A mighty woman with a torch, whose flame
Is the imprisoned lightning, and her name
Mother of Exiles. From her beacon-hand
Glows world-wide welcome; her mild eyes command
The air-bridged harbor that twin cities frame,
"Keep, ancient lands, your storied pomp!" cries she
With silent lips. "Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore,
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me,
I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

#22 ·
Yea all the melting pot stuff is great but when is enough, enough. You know i'm tired of being the saftey net for these people, these being people all people fleeing from there country. Be it asian, mexican, korean, iraqians, who ever. But ya'll also need to realize that we are just not paying for there homes and food stamp it also our own people. I and you where paying for my mother-in-laws house at one time, threw HUD but know she is married thank god but I do think we need to limit imigration and fix our own damn people. Pay the homeless people to do the dirty work that others do. The bad thing is that most homeless folks are lazy, I see that everyday here in AK, there are TONS of soup kitchens here but to eat you have to help out and cook and clean but they won't because they are lazy. But what are ya gonna do. How many of ya'll know about the alaskan natives, let me let you in on a little secret, I'm and E-4 in the military and get shot at and work my ass off and make pennies, they sit around and get drunk all damn day and make over twice as much as me just because there NATIVES. :pissed:

#23 ·
A melting pot? No! Were a beatiful colourful salad with different coloured vegetables. Some juicy, some red some round, some leafy and some soft. Its like some gay fatasy land of difference, some eye watering romantic novel, like a garden of little gnomes full of hayfevery substances, its like some great big swimming pool of hippy armpit smells, its a spine tingling Babra Streisand song and its just plain beautiful.

:laughing:

#24 ·
kiwismakebetterhunters said:
A melting pot? No! Were a beatiful colourful salad with different coloured vegetables. Some juicy, some red some round, some leafy and some soft. Its like some gay fatasy land of difference, some eye watering romantic novel, like a garden of little gnomes full of hayfevery substances, its like some great big swimming pool of hippy armpit smells, its a spine tingling Babra Streisand song and its just plain beautiful.
Now that's funny right there! :yes:

#25 ·
In no way do I discredit anyones opinion nor do I discredit the information that was utilized to reach that opinion. However, I persoanlly feel most American's opinion on illegal immigration is based on biased information

I'd like to present a few observations / facts

First what caught my attention was the state residency of those that have voiced their opinion. Georgia, Alaska, Kentucky, Utah, Kansas, Ohio, Oklahoma, Idaho, Nebraska, Washington, Wisconsin, Michigan, Minesota, Texas, and ..... New Zealand? Below are the top 10 states of residency of illegal immigrants and the perentage of the total. All values are estimates taken from the UCIS

Total 5,000,00
California 2,000,000 40.00%
Texas 700,000 14.00%
New York 540,000 10.80%
Florida 350,000 7.00%
Illinois 290,000 5.80%
New Jersey 135,000 2.70%
Arizona 115,000 2.30%
Massachusetts 85,000 1.70%
Virginia 55,000 1.10%
Washington 52,000 1.04%

The only state that is represented in this forum is Texas. I am curious as to what everyone has experienced to justify their opinion. Once again, I don't wish to criticize anyone only to present a question.

A second fact that I would like to presents how much effort the US government is actually putting into curbing excessive illegal immigration. Once agian all numbers are taken directly from the UCIS. Below is the number of illegal aliens that have been apprehended by country of origin.

Illegal Alien Population
All Countries 5,000,000
Mexico 2,700,000
All Other 2,300,000

Illegal Aliens Apprehended
Mexico 1,598,016 59.19%
All Others 51,970 2.25%

Nearly 60% of all Mexian Aliens are caught as comparted to 2.2% of all others combined. There is obviously a big problem with the number of Aliens, but what more can be done to send them back??? Our government is not ignoring our concerns, but at what cost should it come to?

#26 ·
Boomn4x4 said:
First what caught my attention was the state residency of those that have voiced their opinion. Georgia, Alaska, Kentucky, Utah, Kansas, Ohio, Oklahoma, Idaho, Nebraska, Washington, Wisconsin, Michigan, Minesota, Texas, and ..... New Zealand?
We all live in the same country, this is a problem that effects everyone regarless of what state we are in.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.