Green river

Post now and share useful Kentucky duck hunting information. A few topics of discussion would be public hunting land in Kentucky, local techniques, and much more.

Moderators: duckbuster06, kydrake

Green river

Postby Callaway2084 » Mon Jan 23, 2012 1:05 am

Heading down to green river this weekend. Just wandering if people have been hunting much there this year. If so is it worth the trip?
Callaway2084
hunter

Re: Green river

Postby ole Timer » Mon Jan 23, 2012 1:48 am

Callaway2084 I would say no,I live close to the lake and hunted the lake area for many years, been getting worse every year. I haunted it last sunday and monday and ran the whole lake and seen only three birds 1 buffel and 2 merg's. what they call the bottoms have been hunted to death,

it does get a lot of hunting pressure, it is down to winter pool and you have to watch the depth finder you'll be in 20 foot or deeper and then 4 or 5 foot or less if your not in the channel, and you have to be off the lake at 2pm.

If you want to kill a day come on down, but if your counting on seeing birds I'd say no not worth it.
ole Timer
hunter

Postby Callaway2084 » Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:23 am

Well thanks for the heads up. I guess i wont be going lol. Im trying to find a place to put my boat on and see some birds other than the big lakes. Ive manages to kill one bird all year. We may try nolin lake but i dont know. Do you have any suggestions. Im willing to drive about any where. I havnt seen much all year but my boat also just now got running since early wooduck season.
Callaway2084
hunter

Postby ole Timer » Wed Jan 25, 2012 3:23 am

Sorry don't have any suggestions, Been traveling myself to different areas and have had about the same luck as you, They were here a few weeks back for a couple of days and that has been it.

Didn't want to see ya make a trip for nothing.
ole Timer
hunter

Postby big8s » Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:23 pm

if ya wanna hunt green river ya cant do the boat thing ya need to get in the swamps or the river if the water isnt up......
big8s
hunter

Return to Kentucky Duck Hunting