No Ducks!

In the land of 10,000 lakes, Minnesota duck hunting is some of the best. Log in and discuss your Minnesota duck hunting experiences.

Moderators: beretta24, commander019

No Ducks!

Postby recker » Thu Nov 11, 2004 7:35 pm

Well the swan lake area report is no ducks at all. Hunted off a slough connected to middle lake in the afternoon and saw one duck in two hours. I should have figured something was up when i only saw two trailers at the main swan lake boat launch. Normally this time of year you would see twenty or so even during the week.I have not killed a duck in four outings since returning from north dakota. Looks like the season is going to end in a whimper. I have never seen it this bad this late in the season though! Even the dakota seem to have a lack of ducks reading the reports and they never do this time of year. Weather is part of it but I dont think there are many ducks at all this year.
recker
hunter

no ducks anywhere

Postby Dunk221999 » Thu Nov 11, 2004 10:44 pm

The fact of the matter is, that our duck populations are in big big trouble and we need to start realizing it, and stop making the excuses that we all do, warm weather, staying in canada ect. We need to conintue resoring habitat, and work on other angles such as predator control, and the hen house program to increase nest success. Most of the ponds in minnesota are always way to diry and therfore wild shrimp no longer inhabit these ponds. It is sad to hear how dismal the reports are on these web pages. What do you guys think? I dunno.... the blue bill population is hurting, the mallard population is decent, but it just seems that things are going downhill way fast... I dunno...

good luck to everyone in these last few weeks!
Dunk221999
hunter

Postby Hunten E Guy » Fri Nov 12, 2004 10:10 am

The mille lacs area has thousands of ducks, only they leave the laes about 1/2 hour efore shooting time, and come back about 20 min after shooting hours close
Hunten E Guy
hunter

ducks

Postby Dunk221999 » Tue Nov 23, 2004 9:22 am

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm where do they go? its a mystery lol :toofunny:
Dunk221999
hunter

Return to Minnesota Duck Hunting