Woodies

Discuss Alabama duck hunting and more.

Moderator: David

Woodies

Postby alduckhunter2 » Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:41 pm

Who all has been smacking the woodies this year? Coming to an end but it's been really fun! Lets see some pics of the ducks yal have killed!! :thumbsup:
alduckhunter2
hunter

Re: Woodies

Postby Tensaw » Sat Jan 28, 2012 8:54 pm

Me and my buddies have chased them hard this year, but we did not have a lot of success. Lots of competition for places to hunt, wary birds, and being just off the mark. Saw a lot of birds a couple of days and almost none on others. Now, the river has flooded our honey hole and the birds didn't fly worth a crap yesterday. Gonna close it out tomorrow. We will see.

This has been the season that should have been.
Tensaw
hunter

Postby alduckhunter2 » Sun Jan 29, 2012 11:36 am

Yea my dad and I have had similar luck. Great days then very poor. Yesterday birds were decoy shy and there was also a lot of water we hunt at our hunting club so not really much competition. I'll be back on the 2 youth hunts, going to try to shoot a big ol woody drake to mount.
alduckhunter2
hunter

Postby AlabamaOutdoors » Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:06 pm

Me and my buddies had pretty good luck with them this year. Although we have hit them harder in years past, but hey not complaining a bit. Seasons coming to an end. My project for next season is to have a few go pro mounts, and have my bright orange kayak camoed out by then.
Its really about just being out there......War Eagle!

Genesis 27:3|Now then, take your weapons, your quiver and your bow, and go out to the field and hunt game for me.
AlabamaOutdoors
hunter

Postby deepmarsh1 » Tue Jan 31, 2012 9:22 pm

I camoflauged my kayak this year just for that but never ended up hunting out of it
chris_k wrote:An expensive acrylic Duck Commander call is like a 1981 Buick Lesabre with a fancy paintjob and 22 inch rims. $ spent on the exterior ... Nothing to show for under the hood.
deepmarsh1
hunter

Postby alduckhunter2 » Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:44 am

Where do you usually hunt with your kayak? My dad and I have been looking for a little boat to use for small lake fishing and duck hunting.
alduckhunter2
hunter

Postby deepmarsh1 » Fri Feb 03, 2012 8:22 pm

Well pulling it behind the boat then use it to get past beaver dams in the very back of creeks at big lakes is the best thing to use it for but you can hunt these little rivers around here.
chris_k wrote:An expensive acrylic Duck Commander call is like a 1981 Buick Lesabre with a fancy paintjob and 22 inch rims. $ spent on the exterior ... Nothing to show for under the hood.
deepmarsh1
hunter

Postby alduckhunter2 » Sun Feb 05, 2012 12:12 am

Sounds good. We have a couple holes where a kayak would be ideal to get to more/better places.
alduckhunter2
hunter

Return to Alabama Duck Hunting