SuperNova for sale

From Pintails to Mallards, share your Montana duck hunting stories here in the land of the Big Sky country.

Moderator: Lawdog

SuperNova for sale

Postby Rhett3454 » Thu Jan 26, 2012 11:30 pm

28" benelli super nova, MAX-4 camo, comfortech stock, along with carlsons mid-range black cloud choke tube. also include full and imp factory chokes. bought new in may of this year. also has averys marsh grass cushioned sling. only owner. awesome gun and i hate to get rid of it but preparing to join the military so its not a necessity right now. PM if interested.
$500
'Merica, F**K Yeah
Rhett3454
hunter

Re: SuperNova for sale

Postby PTROOFER FTFOWLER » Fri Jan 27, 2012 6:25 pm

Does it come with the click?
I'm the type of guy who "cups" his hand over his butt, farts, and dishes it out like a soup kitchen.
PTROOFER FTFOWLER
hunter

Postby Rhett3454 » Mon Jan 30, 2012 1:40 am

what do you mean?
'Merica, F**K Yeah
Rhett3454
hunter

Postby OGblackcloud » Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:00 pm

Its a factory installed item . Just when you think your benelli doesnt have it ,Click
OGblackcloud
hunter

Postby Rhett3454 » Mon Jan 30, 2012 2:33 pm

i'm not sure whether it does or not
'Merica, F**K Yeah
Rhett3454
hunter

Postby MontanaMatt » Mon Jan 30, 2012 4:45 pm

That was mean.
MontanaMatt
hunter

Postby PTROOFER FTFOWLER » Mon Jan 30, 2012 5:16 pm

I shoot a exterma 2 and wouldn't trade that gun for anything else I have ever shot, but I have to admit there have been a few times when I have hunted with buddies who have Benelli's with the factory installed click and been damn jealous. Wish there was some way to retrofit one on to my Bretta, but despite many many google searches I have yet to find a place making aftermarket clicks. Oh well, nothing is perfect.
I'm the type of guy who "cups" his hand over his butt, farts, and dishes it out like a soup kitchen.
PTROOFER FTFOWLER
hunter

Postby TopWop » Mon Jan 30, 2012 6:21 pm

It being a pump, I don't think you will truly get to experience the click.
When you get a chance to upgrade to an auto loader, rest assured you'll
get the click.
TopWop
hunter

Postby 2point » Mon Jan 30, 2012 7:07 pm

The Benelli click is a problem with their inertia driven auto loaders where the bolt doesn't close all the way and you shoot and get a click. You have a pump so of course you don't have the click, this guy is just being a prick. Good luck selling your shotgun it is a good one.
2point
hunter

Postby Rhett3454 » Mon Jan 30, 2012 7:11 pm

appreciate 2point
'Merica, F**K Yeah
Rhett3454
hunter

Postby PTROOFER FTFOWLER » Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:14 pm

WOW a Prick? Dont you think that is a big jump to make there deuce? Wasn't messing with the guy, just some good natured Benilli bashing. Obviously I don't know anything about Benilli's as I didn't know the click didn't happen with the pump. Please accept my apologies Rhett for any prickiness directed to you. Was more of a jab at the guys I hunt with on this board who use Benilli's. I will retire to my corner now so as not to risk the wrath of the great 2point again. Maybe I will head in tomorrow and buy a couple of Benilli's just to find out what I am missing, obviously talking bad about them really gets some guys riled up.
PTROOFER FTFOWLER
hunter

Postby TopWop » Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:00 pm

Well I thought it was Hilarious! I don't care who you are,
that's just good clean fun right there.
TopWop
hunter

Postby 2point » Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:03 pm

I don't own a Benelli, I love my WInchester SX3. A guy is trying to sell a gun and you make accusations that it is a inferior product and asking that question when you have no interest in buying it, seems like a prick move to me. You want to give your Benelli buddies a bad time, I could see you making that comment if they were trying to sell one of their guns but not to a complete stranger. I thought the idea of these forums were guys asking questions, helping each other out, and talking about waterfowl hunting. Don't worry about the wrath of the great 2point I am out of here to next season. :hi:
2point
hunter

Postby TopWop » Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:11 pm

Lighten up Francis. I think you are the only one that's up in arms
about this......pun intended
TopWop
hunter

Postby PTROOFER FTFOWLER » Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:20 pm

Once again Rhett I apoligize, didn't mean no harm. If you are in Billings in the near future I will buy it just to prove that I am not a bad guy. Not sure what I would do with it but oh well. I know those are nice guns and seams like a fair price to me. Post it up on the DHC classifieds section as well.
I see that you mention you are heading for some military service, as a fat guy who was to lazy to fight for the country I love, let me be the first here to thank you for your service and tell you to keep your head down and stay safe.

Deuce you should know by now that this board is for ball busting and internet scouting. I don't actually waterfowl hunt all that much, just like to get on here and find out good places to go if I ever do go out. After I get a spot figured out from a guy then I like to give him crap just to amuse my fourth grade sense of humor(some name calling and gay jokes usually does it).

Just ast Topwop, he let slip his secret location awhile back so next year I am setting up in his hole all year(get it,hole, haha).
PTROOFER FTFOWLER
hunter

Postby Rhett3454 » Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:30 pm

hahaha no need to apologize man, i often rip on matthews bow owners because i shoot a hoyt, its the same thing, both great bows but fun to rip on. but thankyou for your comments on the military, much appreciated
'Merica, F**K Yeah
Rhett3454
hunter

Postby njonesy_07 » Thu Feb 02, 2012 2:45 am

2point wrote:The Benelli click is a problem with their inertia driven auto loaders where the bolt doesn't close all the way and you shoot and get a click. You have a pump so of course you don't have the click, this guy is just being a prick. Good luck selling your shotgun it is a good one.

I've seen it happen more often with with Benelli's pumps, not as much with their autos.
Jonesy
njonesy_07
State Moderator

Postby Rhett3454 » Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:10 am

the only reason a pump will "click" is if you don't know how to shoot one
'Merica, F**K Yeah
Rhett3454
hunter

Postby njonesy_07 » Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:36 am

Thats too funny :lol3:
Last edited by njonesy_07 on Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jonesy
njonesy_07
State Moderator

Postby njonesy_07 » Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:43 am

2point wrote:The Benelli click is a problem with their inertia driven auto loaders where the bolt doesn't close all the way and you shoot and get a click. You have a pump so of course you don't have the click, this guy is just being a prick. Good luck selling your shotgun it is a good one.

Tell me how this same "Click" can't be done with a Super Nova? Doesn't it use the same rotating bolt head principle :huh: If so, then there is potential for the same issue. Its not just limited to autos.
Jonesy
njonesy_07
State Moderator

Postby 2point » Sun Feb 05, 2012 7:50 pm

You better tell your buddies who have a nova that comes out of battery and not shoot which is the Benelli click to start working out if they cant keep the fore end of a pump shotgun forward when they pull the trigger, LOL that's golden every time a Benelli misfires it is the Benelli click LOL You have to be trolling right.

The Benelli click is from an auto if you baby the bolt shut and not let it slam or set it down on the butt plate and the action opens a bit you get a misfire. A lot of guys put a stronger spring in the autos and it helps the problem. Pumps could have the same problem, but when you shoot a pump you are pushing against the fore end so it is close. My buddy has one and shot 1000s of shots through it without a hitch. At the trap club today, I tried to open the action on his as I shot it trying to get it out of battery and I couldn't do it, it shot every time. Tell the guys who have this problem to shut the bolt by pulling up on the fore end :yes: I would bet the pumps you saw were not cleaned properly and have crud around the firing pin, which is not the Benelli click.

Rhett is right you don't know how to shoot one. Rhett I would post this gun on a web site like gunsamerica or gunauction. I see you are in the military maybe you can go to some where and meet people who are nicer and more courteous then on this board.
2point
hunter

Postby Rhett3454 » Sun Feb 05, 2012 7:58 pm

i don't know 2point, honestly looking at this post every time a new comment is made makes me start laughing like hell, what can i say i like entertainment :lol:
'Merica, F**K Yeah
Rhett3454
hunter

Postby PTROOFER FTFOWLER » Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:40 am

"You better tell your buddies who have a nova that comes out of battery and not shoot which is the Benelli click to start working out if they cant keep the fore end of a pump shotgun forward when they pull the trigger, LOL that's golden every time a Benelli misfires it is the Benelli click LOL You have to be trolling right. "

This could be the best sentence ever written.

By the way, he sold the gun.
PTROOFER FTFOWLER
hunter

Postby 2point » Mon Feb 06, 2012 6:25 pm

Actually it is the best 3 sentences ran together sentence. I am a math teacher, not an English teacher. I am glad you sold it congrats and I really believe somebody got a good gun. Please lets put this thread to f^&king rest.
2point
hunter

Postby Lawdog » Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:13 pm

Good gun. Glad he got it sold. Rhett, be safe brother.
Rest in Peace, Ryder. Boy, you went before your time, in the start of your prime. You were loyal and are missed.

~ 4 March 2013.
Lawdog
State Moderator

Return to Montana Duck Hunting