fishing with hunter

This forum is where New Mexico duck hunting is discussed. Read others posts and share your thoughts here.

Moderators: randy marci, ghostingrey, quackadikt

fishing with hunter

Postby randy marci » Thu Apr 20, 2006 8:37 am

took my son hunter to shady lakes yesterday afternoon. he had a ball watching all the trout swim around the ponds. we put some power bait on his scooby-doo rod and watched the fish go to work. he caught us dinner for tonight, and then afterwards we walked around and checked out all the nesting honkers. i reccomend this place to anyone that wants to take a kid fishing for a great time, just bring your wallet :mrgreen:

randy marci
State Moderator

nice catch

Postby ghostingrey » Wed Apr 26, 2006 4:46 pm

nice looking fish there, always good to get the kids started early. if your up for a little drive the fishing on the pecos is incredible right now. i caught about 15 trout in 3-4 hours last weekend and a buddy at work showed me some pics of a couple of 20" rainbows he caught. closer to you, i imagine the jemez is also fishing really well. I'd try the east fork near battleship rock.
ghostingrey
State Moderator

Postby randy marci » Thu Apr 27, 2006 7:28 am

thanks for the tip GIG. i've been frequenting the jemez. it's been good for a rainbow or 2 every time i go, plus a bunch of other little fish that i think are a cutthroat of some kind but not sure. they are only 4 inches long or so and aggressive as all get out. they sure love the salmon eggs. i agree to get the kids started early. with all the bad distractions around as they grow up i figure if i can keep 'em busy outdoors, they might stay out of serious trouble.
randy marci
State Moderator

Return to New Mexico Duck Hunting