Moving to Grand Haven

Discuss Michigan hunting and share your duck hunting secrets here. From lay out boat hunting on the great lakes to the stubble fields.

Moderators: waterfowlhunter, quackerkiller

Moving to Grand Haven

Postby CrowToes » Tue Feb 14, 2012 4:21 pm

Hello All,

I am in the Coast Guard and just recieved orders to Grand Haven. I was just wondering if any of you could shed some light on good areas to live, or even if any of you had or knew of any year round rental properties. Also what is the nearest DU chapter to Grand Haven? Thanks for any help you may be able to give.
To a Deer every man looks like a stump, To a Turkey every stump looks like a man.
CrowToes
hunter

Moving to Grand Haven

Postby DeadEye_Dan » Tue Feb 14, 2012 5:05 pm

The Mi duck hunters association chapter is way more active than the DU group....I can hook you up with the "Lake Effect" chapter guys when you get settled.
assateague wrote:Wives are all against super cool, awesome ideas. If Columbus had been married, we'd all still be European.

WisconsinWaterfowler wrote: You just have to use the back of your throat and hum. That's how I would describe it anyways.
DeadEye_Dan
hunter

Re: Moving to Grand Haven

Postby CrowToes » Tue Feb 14, 2012 5:49 pm

Thanks man I'd appreciate it.
To a Deer every man looks like a stump, To a Turkey every stump looks like a man.
CrowToes
hunter

Postby Rajah » Tue Feb 14, 2012 8:48 pm

DeadEye_Dan wrote:The Mi duck hunters association chapter is way more active than the DU group...

Yup, agreed with that. I'm not part of the group but have gone to a couple different outings they have put on. They are a great group of guys.

As for living in Grand Haven, that is a great place to live. You really can't go wrong with most any area out there... very dog friendly town. You'll love it there.
Bazinga!!
Rajah
hunter

Postby stjohnb9785 » Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:30 am

Just stay clear of Muskegon Heights and the rest of the lakeshore will be great for you, welcome aboard!
:welcome:
stjohnb9785
hunter

Postby waterfowl1030 » Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:21 am

I live in muskegon and am a comitee member of the michigan duck hunter lake effect chapter group. i don't know how soon you are moving but we acctually have our big event coming up here acctually a week from today for more information here is our website http://lakeeffectduckhunters.wordpress.com/ We also have monthly meetings the 1st wdnesday of each month to discuss future events, local projects,... at sams joint in muskegon just off of 31, about a 5 min ride from grand haven so if you would like to come thatd be great. Any questions feel free to pm me.
Big Sean's Championship Calls Field Team
waterfowl1030
hunter

Moving to Grand Haven

Postby DeadEye_Dan » Thu Feb 16, 2012 4:04 pm

My work here is done...lol!

See you fellas Thursday nite....bring yo cash!!!!
assateague wrote:Wives are all against super cool, awesome ideas. If Columbus had been married, we'd all still be European.

WisconsinWaterfowler wrote: You just have to use the back of your throat and hum. That's how I would describe it anyways.
DeadEye_Dan
hunter

Return to Michigan Duck Hunting