Gun Value

From the .22 to the mighty 50 caliber

Moderator: fowl_wishes

Gun Value

Postby PungoShoresOutdoors » Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:39 am

Anyone have a place to find the value of a gun? I want to know what a gun I've got is worth. It was only in production for a few years and was worth less than a grand when I bought it, and I doubt its worth much more now, but I'd like to find a site that can give me an idea of what its going for now, although I would never sell it. Most of the info I can find is outdated.
PungoShoresOutdoors
hunter

Re: Gun Value

Postby 2500hdon37s » Sat Feb 18, 2012 6:59 pm

what gun?

you can always try to see what guns like it are bringing on gun broker.com
NRA and DU member, are you? if not you should be!

rabbitdundied wrote: I use my mojos in places I don't want birds to land.
2500hdon37s
Forum Moderator

Postby apexhunter » Tue Feb 21, 2012 7:20 am

Like 2500 mentioned you can look for sales of guns like yours on gunbroker, guns america, auction arms, etc to get a feel for where they are selling. Or you can subscribe to the bluebook of gun values for around $35.00 and get a year's worth of unlimited access to value all makes & models of guns. I use it often when researching a purchase or trade even though it only provides a "value" of the gun and not the exact "market value" or what they are actually selling for (like book value versus street value of cars).
"Shoot low boys...they're riding shetland ponies in search of true grit" Lewis Grizzard
apexhunter
hunter

Postby PungoShoresOutdoors » Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:26 pm

Its a remington model 700 XCR in left hand in .270 WIN. They still make the XCR but have discontinued the left handed models, and Its hard to find info for them online, as they only made it in left hand for a few years. Id like to get another one in a different caliber, but they are hard to find info for. Maybe im just looking in the wrong places.
PungoShoresOutdoors
hunter

Postby MOhuntingGuy » Tue Feb 21, 2012 6:52 pm

PungoShoresOutdoors wrote:Its a remington model 700 XCR in left hand in .270 WIN. They still make the XCR but have discontinued the left handed models, and Its hard to find info for them online, as they only made it in left hand for a few years. Id like to get another one in a different caliber, but they are hard to find info for. Maybe im just looking in the wrong places.

Since its a used LH, I would say somewhere in the ball park of 650. I can't remember what they retail for though so I could be way off.
Let there be welders, to attach metal to other metal things. Genesis 1:36

Kenlee's Krew Pro Staff
MOhuntingGuy
Mrs. Red Ryder

Postby apexhunter » Wed Feb 22, 2012 5:48 pm

Blue Book value in 90% condition is $550 and in 98% is $730 just for reference.
"Shoot low boys...they're riding shetland ponies in search of true grit" Lewis Grizzard
apexhunter
hunter

Postby PungoShoresOutdoors » Fri Feb 24, 2012 1:06 am

No way I'd sell it, its my go to deer rifle, but its good to know. If I hold on to it forever i'm happy, its a great rifle but im surprised the value is so low.
PungoShoresOutdoors
hunter

Return to Rifle and Handgun forum