Duck Calls

For those with military experience to hang out.

Moderators: badandy970, MIKE J., k9horseluvr, duck slayR

Duck Calls

Postby tlegere104 » Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:05 pm

I'll take a risk because I need to ensure that people know packages are coming. The below calls have been mailed. They have been mailed to those who responded in the order they responded. They have been sent USPS 1st Class, so I would imagine they can take up to a week to get where they are going. If you have not received the package within about 10 days please let me know via PM and we can deal with it.

First four out to:

ICHABOD97
DOG TIRED
SX3STEW
TKNIGHT006

Hope you enjoy, and more to follow as I have a group completed.

"No I don't have to arrest you, I choose to."
tlegere104
hunter

Re: Duck Calls

Postby Easttx » Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:17 pm

Nice gesture, and good looking calls!!!
Easttx
hunter

Postby Ichabod97 » Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:42 am

Wow those are some damn good looking calls man! Really looking forward to receiving the call. You are a fine American! I will be sure to post pics as you requested in the original post. Definitely looking forward to using it in the fall, but i figure i have all summer to practice with it. Thanks again sir! :clapping:
Nick "Ichabod"
Waterfowl Mafia

Modified Scissor Blind ppt

imaduckin up north wrote:There aint no ducks in VA
Ichabod97
State Moderator

Postby SX3STEW » Wed Feb 22, 2012 5:02 am

WOW ammmmazzzzzing looking calls. :clapping: Thank you again sir!!!!!!
James
Waterfowl Mafia
SX3STEW
hunter

Postby brad0861 » Wed Feb 22, 2012 6:14 pm

Those look great. And these calls are ligit. I received one last year while deployed to Afghanistan, used it this year to do lots of work on many birds. Thanks again man, don't know how many times you have to post that on a thread before someone believes it! There is always that ten percent though. We got a name for em in the Marines but I won't post it on here. :wink: Take care and thanks for the support.
brad0861
hunter

Postby 13space82 » Wed Feb 22, 2012 6:36 pm

Great looking calls! Whenever you do decide to sell them or if you ever offer free calls again...i'm all over it!

Very nice gesture sir!
TNAL45 wrote: Well done sir. I vote this best bitch slap in DHC history.

http://www.duckhuntingchat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=174844

go get the bird wrote:Every time you post, Jesus lets a pitbull live.
13space82
hunter

Postby Ichabod97 » Sat Feb 25, 2012 1:36 pm

Just received my call in the mail today. All i can say is WOW! Beautiful call! I can tell you put some time into these calls and i am thoroughly impressed. I messed around with the reed position a bit to get the sound i wanted and was amazed. Nice sounding call, and quite loud as well! I know the season is still months away, but we are going out for a DHC Clay Shoot tomorrow so i will be sure to take the call along and get some photos. Thanks again for the call and the letter that came along with it.

Once again sir, you are one top notch American! Thank you so much for the call! :bow: :bow:

:clapping: :clapping: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :clapping: :clapping:
Nick "Ichabod"
Waterfowl Mafia

Modified Scissor Blind ppt

imaduckin up north wrote:There aint no ducks in VA
Ichabod97
State Moderator

Postby SX3STEW » Sat Feb 25, 2012 2:24 pm

Just recieved mine as well :grooving: :grooving: :grooving: :grooving: :grooving:

You sure do a top notch job on these calls, sound is great and load. You can tell they are made for the test of time, Once again thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:
James
Waterfowl Mafia
SX3STEW
hunter

Postby tlegere104 » Sat Feb 25, 2012 2:44 pm

Thank you for the compliments and I hope that you enjoy them. As I tell all who receive them in a letter, I tune them to a "basic" sound. They may need some tweaking for your ear. Three more about to roll out in a couple of days.
tlegere104
hunter

Postby airborneduckhunter » Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:27 pm

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :bow: :bow: :bow: Those look amazing. You are a giant among men. :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."-George Orwell
airborneduckhunter
hunter

Postby tknight006 » Mon Feb 27, 2012 4:40 pm

I had my call mailed to my mother-in-laws house, assuming that I would be on deployment when it was shipped.... I was stoked to get a call from her letting me know she received a package that had my name on it. We planned on meeting them this weekend at Disney World, which worked out perfect, as she brought it with her.

I was taken back at the craftsmanship that was put into this call. You do great work, and I am very grateful to have been able to receive one of your calls..

Pics will follow... I'm deploying in a matter of days, so I'm gonna have plenty of time to practice..

Thank you again.
Prostaff application pending
tknight006
hunter

Postby tlegere104 » Thu Mar 01, 2012 7:55 pm

Was out of town for a couple of days so I have been running late. The next three will be sent first of next week. Next on the list are;

ASTROBUD311
FMFDEVILDOC
AIRFORCEHUNTER

I will roll with the PM for the addresses that I have. AIRFORCEHUNTER I have an APO AE address for you. If this has changed let me know.
tlegere104
hunter

Postby airborneduckhunter » Fri Mar 02, 2012 2:37 am

tlegere104, those re beautiful. I really like that white one. :bow: :thumbsup: :beer:
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."-George Orwell
airborneduckhunter
hunter

Postby Penguine » Fri Mar 02, 2012 3:46 pm

Nice looking calls. You have a talent there sir.
Joel wrote:If God wanted a lab to point he would have gave them a stick.
Penguine
hunter

Postby MountainGreenhead » Sun Mar 04, 2012 9:46 pm

Beautiful calls, thanks for all you are doing for a bunch of guys you have never met. It really means a lot to us vets to know that we have the love and support of so many here at home. It is a stark contrast to what the patriots returning from Vietnam dealt with when they came home. I read the older locked thread regarding your calls, sorry that got so ugly. I don't need any more calls, I just wanted to thank you for thinking of us.
"No, there's no such thing as dedicated about it. You guys just like to kill stuff."
MountainGreenhead
hunter

Postby berniebiz » Fri Mar 09, 2012 5:55 pm

Wow those are some great looking calls!! I really appreciate your support for our military it really means alot to me. thanks again.
berniebiz
hunter

Postby flyfisher76544 » Thu Mar 15, 2012 4:37 am

Those are some great looking calls!!!
Hunt where the ducks want to be, not where you want the ducks to be
flyfisher76544
hunter

Postby FMFdevildoc » Thu Mar 15, 2012 11:17 pm

Thanks TL - got a really nice call in the mail a couple days ago.

SOUNDS EXCELLENT - REALLY RASPY and nice tone!! I am sure this will contribute to the deaths of ducks 2012-2013 season!!

I will definitely take some pictures with this call in action. Sounds better than some expensive / "custom" call I have.
Why? One inquires why? Because, AMERICA !!
FMFdevildoc
hunter

Postby tlegere104 » Mon Mar 26, 2012 1:51 pm

Just an update for those still waiting on calls, again they will get there, and I think before season starts. I will take a short break as I get a week with my Soldier/Sons over Easter. Also I am making some calls for a great cause to use at a silent auction. http://www.wwnff.org/ is the organization. I have spoken to one of the founders and felt compelled to assist with what I could in their fund raising efforts. In the interest of full disclosure (for some people) I did make two calls that I sold. (Not customers from this website).

So when I return I will head back to the lathe on non fishing :yes: days, I will get the calls flowing again. Have a safe spring/Easter Holiday.

Don't forget any address changes please keep me advised.
tlegere104
hunter

Postby berniebiz » Mon Mar 26, 2012 5:30 pm

No disclosure is needed......LOL screw the other dude with a bad attitude, I'm sure you are doing your best and we all appreciate it.
berniebiz
hunter

Postby airborneduckhunter » Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:58 am

No explanation required. I do believe you are doing this for free and it is no ones business what you do with the calls you make. Thanks for the updates and Enjoy your time with your boys this Easter.
airborneduckhunter
hunter

Postby tlegere104 » Fri May 04, 2012 5:24 pm

Just an update for you, if you follow on facebook at all you would know that I have gotten out five or six calls for donations. I will be working this week on calls that will head to California (yeah I know California ducks, right...) for a fund raiser for wounded warriors. After that more military calls will be headed out. Keep an eye out this month for more to go out.
tlegere104
hunter

Postby flyfisher76544 » Sat May 05, 2012 3:43 am

Thats great!!
Hunt where the ducks want to be, not where you want the ducks to be
flyfisher76544
hunter

Postby airborneduckhunter » Tue May 08, 2012 7:24 am

That's awesome tlegere!! Keep up the good work. I have no doubt that your calls are worth the wait. :thumbsup:
airborneduckhunter
hunter

Postby PC76 » Wed May 23, 2012 10:00 pm

So let me get this right...you are making free calls shipped to our doors (military members)? People complained, and got ugly with you about this!!! That sounds crazy to me, and while I would love to own one of those calls to hang on my lanyard I would like to give my brothers & sisters in arms who are getting into the stuff the opportunity to get their hands on one way before I do. I have been home for almost 19 months, and I don't think I will be going back too soon. I would definetly like to get on the list, and thank you personally for your contribution. This is a tremendous gesture you are extending to us, and I appreciate your dedication to the ones who wear uniforms. As a second generation military member I never got to experience many of those negative perceptions of the military, but I have seen several occasions which young troops that I have had the please to supervise significant others, or parents were not actually so keen on the idea. Thanks for you support!
PC76
hunter

Next

Return to Military Forum