Anyone a fan of Bull Riding or Rodeo?

Discussion of football, baseball, hockey, basketball, Nascar, etc..

Moderators: gotduck68415, HoCoHunter

Postby MossyMallard12 » Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:29 am

I live breath duck hunting but dont get me worng I LOVE RODEO! Anyone else?
Chillin', Killin', Grillin'!
MossyMallard12
hunter

Postby La. Hunter » Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:01 am

Might want to post this in the Honey Hole. I know we have several bull riders here, but I doubt they check the sports section much. Be forewarned though, there is no telling what kind of replies you'll get from the Honey hole crowd.
La. Hunter
Site Admin

Postby Coleman24 » Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:04 am

Mechanical bull once that was about it lol... Wouldn't mind giving it a try sometime..
Coleman24
hunter

Re: Anyone a fan of Bull Riding or Rodeo?

Postby 3legged_lab » Fri May 04, 2012 10:26 pm

La. Hunter wrote: Be forewarned though, there is no telling what kind of replies you'll get from the Honey hole crowd.

Hey, whats that supposed to mean? We're all nice, kind hearted guys that are always willing to share hunting spots on the HH. :rolleyes:
pgquackstacker wrote:Maybe you guys can hunt together and touch barrels.

Redbeard wrote: I simply side step the charging dog and swiftly deliver a judo chop to the back of the neck, temporarily disabling the dog. I then apply a rear naked choke until the dog falls asleep.
3legged_lab
hunter

Postby Montanafowler » Sat May 05, 2012 9:27 am

Used to ride twisters, loved every second of it and still do. i traded my bullriding gear for a bareback rigging last year, still have yet to use any of it though :no:
Booney3721 wrote:Try being a dishwasher/Grill cook/ellectrition/garbage disposer and your owner/boss is a fat greek woman who cals you names as Retard, stupid, idiot, molocah, f*** face and tard, and tells you that you was the inspiration for abortion and birth control.
Montanafowler
Forum Moderator

Postby River Ramblin' Man » Sat May 05, 2012 4:42 pm

Used to ride. Just junior bulls though. I quit last summer and thankfully was never really injured. Some muscle damage but that goes away. Saw some bad breaks though, and had a friend break is arm in half and get back on before he was cleared. He broke it in half again and now has a 15" scar and a metal plate. He's only 14 years old.

Montanafowler wrote:Used to ride twisters, loved every second of it and still do. i traded my bullriding gear for a bareback rigging last year, still have yet to use any of it though :no:

Never been on a buckin horse, but used to play around on a barrel with a riggin, talk about fun. Good way to tear up a shoulder though.
sampsonhuntin wrote:Are you now on his knob like you were WTN10's before he internet choke slammed you?
River Ramblin' Man
hunter

Postby huntall6 » Sun May 06, 2012 11:57 pm

River Ramblin' Man wrote:Some muscle damage but that goes away.

it comes back. :no: i feel every pull, sprain, stitch, hyperextention, ect, at some point or another. mostly before a rain....

i rode through college (bulls). i made some money, but lost a ton more. :oops: wouldn't trade it for anything! the biggest thing it taught me was fear control, and i will always be thankful for that.

if you know who Chance Roberts is (on the built ford tough tour when he can stay healthy), i rode with him at practice pen when i was first starting, and he was around 14yrs old! handiest person i have ever seen with spurs on. :hammer:
steve-o wrote:Fight like a kid and you will never lose.

vincentpa wrote: My hairdresser is gay.
huntall6
State Moderator

Postby Tulsajames » Mon May 07, 2012 3:53 am

Hello, i am also a big fan of bull Riding .

tulsa web designers and social media tulsa
Tulsajames
Newb

Postby River Ramblin' Man » Mon May 07, 2012 9:33 am

huntall6 wrote:
River Ramblin' Man wrote:Some muscle damage but that goes away.

it comes back. :no: i feel every pull, sprain, stitch, hyperextention, ect, at some point or another. mostly before a rain....

i rode through college (bulls). i made some money, but lost a ton more. :oops: wouldn't trade it for anything! the biggest thing it taught me was fear control, and i will always be thankful for that.

if you know who Chance Roberts is (on the built ford tough tour when he can stay healthy), i rode with him at practice pen when i was first starting, and he was around 14yrs old! handiest person i have ever seen with spurs on. :hammer:

I can still feel it when I'm throwing something. The first bull I ever got on was LJ Jenkins'. Not sure if you know who that is or not. It was at a little practice pen and I have picture of me in the chutes with him flanking it. I didn't even make it into the turn, but still a good memory.
sampsonhuntin wrote:Are you now on his knob like you were WTN10's before he internet choke slammed you?
River Ramblin' Man
hunter

Postby mox » Sun Jun 03, 2012 7:36 pm

Have a good friend that drove 10 hrs. to test ride a $10,000 roping mare last week, then 10 hrs. home. By association, I've been around roping and bulldogging for the past 3 years. He talked me in to chute-dogging last year. I can see where it could get addicting...
C M ducks?
M R not ducks.
O S M R 2 Ducks!
L I B, M R ducks.
---------------------
mox
hunter

Postby 2500hdon37s » Sat Jul 14, 2012 11:25 am

I'll watch it every now and then, and I go to a few rodeos a every year. a few good friends of mine are state champion ropers. I suck roping but, i can do it... and I have rode a bull a time or two. after all I work around them 5 days a week.
NRA and DU member, are you? if not you should be!

rabbitdundied wrote: I use my mojos in places I don't want birds to land.
2500hdon37s
Forum Moderator

Postby MacAttack » Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:23 pm

Love it, use to ride in college. Broke my arm and leg (hairline fracture in non weight bearing bone in shin) within a month of each other. Total of 3 surgeries on my arm over 2 years and I have 2 plates and 12 screws in my left forearm. Thank God I was still on my parents insurance at the time as my arm cost almost $100k to repair. Sometimes it feels like a knive is digging into my arm when there is a major weather shift and I don't have full mobility in my left arm. Some of the best times of my life were in and around rodeo, wouldn't change it for the world.

The guy who pulled my first bull rope was killed in a house fire on 1/5/2003, rodeo will always have a place in my life.
MacAttack
hunter

Return to Sports