Don't go blasting crows in Montana.

Pheasant, turkey, dove, grouse, partridge, quail, squirrel, rabbits, etc.

Moderators: The Cat Island Drake, birddog crazy

Don't go blasting crows in Montana.

Postby Duplex lover » Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:55 pm

With the funny winter we have a huge amount of crows and ravens in the state this year and I always wanted to know So: :

I have sent Three E mails to our Fish, Wildlife and Parks to find out if we can shoot and call crows and Ravens. The first two where off there sight to there enforcement Bureau. The last one I sent to there General Info E address in Helena to get the proper department. I don't know there policy on answering Questions like that but I would thing who ever got an "E" would or Could forward it to the right department, I don't Know ,Just saying...

If I ever get an answer before there all moved back up to the Attic circle I'll pass it on and let the whole world know if it's legal to blast away...

Here is there Answer:

Thanks for contacting us with your question. Crows are Federally protected. If you should have any further questions, please contact your nearest US Fish & Wildlife Services office.
Bette Moe
406-444-2452
FWP Law Enforcement Headquarters
Helena,MT

Well then ...
With a blank answer like I got , Montana must NOT have a season so we Can't shoot them !!!!
The last best place.
Duplex lover
hunter

Re: Don't go blasting crows in Montana.

Postby goldfish » Sat Mar 10, 2012 9:46 am

In MN crow season just opened up. Also, you can shoot them at any time during the year if they "are doing or about to commit damage" to your property, crops, etc. They are not federally protected any differently than ducks and geese are (they migrate, hence the federal part).
If you are having a bad day, just remember...

Someone has Snooki as a mom
goldfish
hunter

Postby wigeon_call » Tue Mar 20, 2012 5:44 pm

goldfish wrote:In MN crow season just opened up. Also, you can shoot them at any time during the year if they "are doing or about to commit damage" to your property, crops, etc. They are not federally protected any differently than ducks and geese are (they migrate, hence the federal part).

Do you normally get a lot of crow in MN?
wigeon_call
hunter

Postby TopWop » Sat Mar 24, 2012 12:22 am

They are considered carrion eaters, same as Magpies.
Back in the day you used to get a nickel for every pair
of Magpie feet you turned in. Now all carrion eaters are
considered off limits in Montana.
TopWop
hunter

Return to Upland Game