How did everyone do?

Some of the best waterfowl hunting in the nation. Learn and share your experiences duck hunting in the Republic of Texas. From the Canada geese of the Panhandle to the Snows of Houston and estuaries for ducks on the coast and the livestock impoundments to the west.

Moderators: HENDU3270, DoubleBayou, whistlin_wings

How did everyone do?

Postby Heather » Mon Nov 15, 2004 12:59 pm

My south zone opener sucked. Not because of lack of ducks, though. Between my boyfriend leaving the key to his safety in the truck and having to go get it and then our guns jamming numerous times, it kinda ruined the hunt. Besides that, my shooting was horrible. We ended up with 3 teal and a spoonie total. Tons of ducks at first light. Hopefully this weekend will be better.

How did everyone else do? Better than us, I hope.
Heather
hunter

Postby HENDU3270 » Mon Nov 15, 2004 1:54 pm

We did ok. We ended up with 5 Teal and two Gads between two of us. Hunted out at Quintana. Didn't make it out on Sunday. Same thing where we were at...lots of birds early and then slow. Had a blast anyway.
Fishing was invented to pass the time between Duck Seasons....either duck hunt or get outa my boat!!
HENDU3270
Forum & State Moderator

Postby TXbayhunter » Tue Nov 16, 2004 12:12 pm

Got limits sat sun and mon mornings. 4 ppl each morning. mostly teal gadwall and mottle ducks.... but we got three bands over the weekend :smile: so i would have to say it was a heck of a weekend.... ready to hit the bays this weekend
Who says 4:30 in the morning is early? to us.... its late
TXbayhunter
hunter

Postby acenthehole » Tue Nov 16, 2004 12:44 pm

We got a few early and then got a couple more around 9am on Sat only after I pulled the Mojo out of the water. It seems like they didn't like it, which was a first.
acenthehole
hunter

Return to Texas Duck Hunting