Weekend

A waterfowl discussion forum focusing on Kansas duck hunting.

Moderators: T Man, Mallyard, dukhntr, cluckmeister, yellowlab

Weekend

Postby hobbs_justin » Mon Nov 15, 2004 2:38 pm

Did anybody get anything this weekend?

We went to MDC and shot three greenheads and two gadwalls for both days. I sure didn't see the 15,000 they were reporting.
hobbs_justin
Newb

slim pickens

Postby KS_PuddleJumper » Tue Nov 16, 2004 1:03 pm

3 Mallards and a Ringneck. But that's not as good as it sounds - that's 3 days, Fri - Sun... Just still not seeing much. Saw more today in MO, but not here. Give you the JoCo report tomorrow morning...
KS_PuddleJumper
hunter

Postby Mallyard » Tue Nov 16, 2004 3:59 pm

We arn't seeing much here either. my dad and uncle went out this morning and got a mallard and a shovler. And a unlucky phesant. Wish there were more ducks..

Mallyard
Aim for their lips...
Mallyard
Forum & State Moderator

Postby Fatweed » Tue Nov 16, 2004 5:42 pm

Well i guess i can feel lucky..??? i got three Drake mallards sun mornin... on two different places.... i let the gadwalls go... LOL...probly could of had limit if id of hit them..??? startin to see more all the time... im waitin now on the geese... *S*... seen a few...but havent got to shoot yet... *S*...theyll be here... *S*...I also pulled my back outtaplace...walkin bent over up on a pond..lol..dang i gotta loose weight i guess..??? oh well... i still got two off that pond... at least i didnt scream when back went...LOL....
Fatweed
hunter

Postby yellowlab » Tue Nov 16, 2004 10:08 pm

my cousin and i shot 6 geese and a bonus duck as well all alone singel just came by the wrong guys.. but that was thrusday ... we were out of school... but the weekend before my dad and i shot a mixed bag of 11 ducks
yellowlab
Forum & State Moderator

Postby KS_PuddleJumper » Wed Nov 17, 2004 10:50 am

Sounds like I need to be in YOUR blind, Yellow!
Got out here South JoCo/North Miami Co this morning, very short hunt... Just too nice out, but DID see a few Mallards, and two groups even worked a little bit, but nothing too intense. No big numbers, no flights coming in today...
KS_PuddleJumper
hunter

Postby duckplucker » Wed Nov 17, 2004 9:09 pm

I got a limit of ringnecks Saturday along with my bro and my pop. shot 5 of 7 (one shot and hit on a bird counted as my dads) so pretty good percentage. Seeing several ducks and geese moving on overcast days not so many on clear days. mostly geese. missed out on the shooting with yellow Thursday, had play practice for our school play :thumbsdown: but i've got plenty of season left.
"Take 'em"
duckplucker
hunter

Postby yellowlab » Wed Nov 17, 2004 10:48 pm

wooooooo weeeeee.......
took our male walker out tonight
3 coons in about 2hr.
was a fun night can't wait tell we get our young female tracking
yellowlab
Forum & State Moderator

Postby ks_waterfowler » Wed Nov 17, 2004 11:55 pm

HUnting pressure has pushed the birds off the marsh. There could have been 15,000 that are now spread all over hell cause of the hunting pressure we get on our marshes. Had some of my best hunts ever on ponds with 5 miles of the refuge.
whistlin_wings wrote:I grew up in a neighborhood with only 3 pools and a public golf course. Thug life is all I know.
ks_waterfowler
hunter

Postby yellowlab » Tue Nov 23, 2004 10:56 pm

yes that is a very true satement ks_wf
yellowlab
Forum & State Moderator

Return to Kansas Duck Hunting