Ruger American

From the .22 to the mighty 50 caliber

Moderator: fowl_wishes

Ruger American

Postby TNhunter611 » Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:29 am

So Ruger came out with a new rifle not too long ago, its a cheaper rifle, and i have watched a few video reviews on the gun, and they all seem really good, but i want opinions from someone who actually hunts with it, not shoots it a few times and then judges, can anyone tell me anything about it?
2013-2014 season
10 BWT
4 GWT
8 Widgeon
4 Shovelers
4 Pintails
2 Gadwall
1 Ringed neck
TNhunter611
hunter

Re: Ruger American

Postby MOhuntingGuy » Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:18 am

Its going to be a while before you can ask up questions like that on internet forums (no offense). They just came out with it and none of the stores around here don't even have them yet. I've read a couple reviews on it from reputable gun magazines. To me, its like the Savage axis with an accu-trigger. Supposed to be pretty accurate as well.
Let there be welders, to attach metal to other metal things. Genesis 1:36

Kenlee's Krew Pro Staff
MOhuntingGuy
Mrs. Red Ryder

Postby sws002 » Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:26 am

I handled it at SHOT show and it seemed to be a pretty nice entry-level gun, I would compare it to be closer to the T/C Venture, if not tailing it just a bit. MO is right though, you aren't going to get any honest opinions of it for quite a while, as it is just starting to hit the shelves. Field and Stream and Outdoor Life and the like are paid to do reviews of the gun, so take any reviews they do with a grain of salt. When was the last time you ever saw them put out a bad review on any product, not just a gun? That being said, I was never a huge Ruger fan, but given their recent track record, I'd go as far to say there is no way you can wrong with this gun as Ruger is on A ROLL. I know they are all handguns, but look at what they have released in the last 4 years (LCP, LCR, LC9, SR9/40, SR9C/40C). All of them are best sellers in their category, I can't imagine this one will be any different.
sws002
hunter

Postby Green Head Tew » Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:15 am

"The perils of duck hunting are great....especially for the duck." Walter Cronkite

Indaswamp wrote:Choot...I got a new terrorist call prototype I'm working on. When you blow into it it sound like this....".ULEE LEE LEE LEE LEE...."
Green Head Tew
hunter

Return to Rifle and Handgun forum