Power of prayer

For discussions about the spiritual things in ones life.

Moderators: gracenjohn, Preacher1011, La. Hunter

Power of prayer

Postby Coleman24 » Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:16 am

So my grandpa, my hero, has been having pains in his back for a while now. They found a mass on his spine and said they would be doing more tests, but with everything they were describing and a family history of people getting cancer, It wasn't looking good.. I prayed and prayed and prayed..and I am a Christian, I do spread the word, and I do pray; same time I do sin and could be a erred Christian. But anyway, I prayed a lot, more then I have about anything.

Here's where it gets neat, I was layin in our snow goose spread the other day... Clear blue sky's, no wind, and no birds, but we were sticking it out. I get a call from my mom, an let me reiterate, not a Single cloud in the sky, but I talked to her and she wanted to call to tell me news about my grandpa... They said blood tests came back, X-rays/mri's, and scans came back, they said he didn't have cancer. I remember how relieved I was, I look up in the sky to thank God, and I kid you not, there was a cloud in the sky, looked to me like God, how I would picture God. I thanked him, finished up conversation with my mom and look back in the sky and the cloud wasn't to be found. I jus wanted to spread this story for those that aren't believers, or question. It reassured me, it was awesome!
Coleman24
hunter

Re: Power of prayer

Postby okduckdude » Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:17 am

That's awesome!!!! Prayer is very powerful! :thumbsup:
Arise, Kill, and Eat. Acts 10:13

I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me. Philp. 4:13

I apologize to those I have yet to offend. Wait just a little longer and I will get around to you too!!
okduckdude
hunter

Postby Slack Tide » Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:32 am

About 2 years ago I had three really crazy things going on simultaneously.....

A good friend with serious cancer (last rights, all 9 of the other people in his test group succumbed etc)
A pregnant wife (our first)
And a neighbor that would make Satan himself proud, absolute nuveau riche, Long Island Super Guido douche.....

During that entire pregnancy, we said the same prayer;

Please deliver us a healthy baby, help Rob get better and get rid of Angelo...

Well, my son is almost 2 and hasn't even had so much as a splinter yet, my friend Rob is going on 3 years with clean Cat scans and no cancer and I had dinner a few months ago with my NEW neighbors next door!

Amen!
"I've been left for dead before but I'll still fight on, don't wait up, leave the light on, I'll be home soon"
Chris Smither
Slack Tide
hunter

Postby sonofaduckhunter » Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:35 am

The power of prayer is awesome!
sonofaduckhunter
hunter

Postby OGblackcloud » Fri May 11, 2012 12:52 pm

Amen !!!
OGblackcloud
hunter

Postby WildDuckman » Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:03 pm

awesome!!!
WildDuckman
hunter

Postby Small Block » Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:45 pm

If we only knew HOW powerful. We are joint heirs with Jesus Christ as christians and are able to ask for anything that we desire. That's scriptural.
Small Block
Small Block
hunter

Return to Faith-Spirituality