New Guy

The eastern side of the nation has some of the best hunting. Share your West Virginia duck hunting tips, tactics, insights and information.

New Guy

Postby wvuengr2014 » Sat Mar 31, 2012 11:11 am

I live in Morgantown and I am an avid hunter, deer, turkey and coyote/predator. I have never duck hunted but this fishing season I couldn't help but notice the amount of ducks and geese on the Mon river. Does anyone have any tips or know of any special rules for hunting on the Mon or Ohio? I am going to pick up some DVDs on calling, and I do have a bass boat the I suppose I could hunt out of.
wvuengr2014
Newb

Re: New Guy

Postby fultz_danNWPA » Mon Apr 02, 2012 5:21 pm

I have no experience on the Mon or the Ohio as I have just arrived in WV myself being from PA. I will tell you that there are birds around but you will need to do a far amount of scouting to get on X. Practice calling, but when the season comes calling is probable not your best bet when you are just starting out. Focus on your decoy spread and make it as realistic as possible. Also make sure you are on the X and you won't even have to worry about calling.

Welcome..soon you will be an addict.
fultz_danNWPA
hunter

Re: New Guy

Postby WOODIE13 » Wed Apr 04, 2012 1:45 am

If I am not in AFG, we will wear them out. Hunting water is more than hunting fields, but a close pass shoot is still great. Give me a push later on if I am still here.
WOODIE13
hunter

Return to West Virginia Duck Hunting