She's Here Dakota Creek's Gauge

Share hunting dog tips, hunting dog training questions or links of interest here.

Moderators: HNTFSH, hunt-chessies, swampbilly 1980, captainkevan

Re: She's Here Dakota Creek's Gauge

Postby Phild » Thu Apr 05, 2012 7:42 pm

Labtrainer my girl is really good, she just went to her kennel here at 7pm by herself, is watching me play online poker and talk about here her. I will take her to pee at 8pm and she will have a tinkle, another pee again at 11pm and it will be a good one and then she is in for the night. The breeder said she was doing 10pm to 6am in the kennel with no accidents so that is why I am thinking the time change has got her being lazy a bit early. It really is 9pm her time. We had 2 accidents the first day home but that is my fault...not bragging but she almost poops on command after eating LOL. Like a little machine, eat out to spot I wait and she hovers and gets praise 5 mins tops and that is a long wait. 3 times a day just after eating..if she has a # 2 accident I know it is my fault.

Thanks
Phil
Phild
hunter

Postby stevietangles » Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:39 pm

Hey Phil,
Its nice to see your pup got home ok. i bought BROWN from Chris and Sue and he is doing great. dont let these guys beat you up on bumper color or lead or no lead/rope on bumper or not.
keep if fun while teaching your girl the basics and try and introduce birds live/dead pigeons.
Sue and Chris are great people if you need help with anything just give them a call.
best of luck.
Steven
stevietangles
hunter

Postby Rick Hall » Fri Apr 06, 2012 3:56 pm

Steven, you keep out of this. He's our phild, and we'll beat him up if we want to.
If you think I'm wrong, you might be right.
Rick Hall
hunter

Postby labtrainer » Fri Apr 06, 2012 4:37 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Leave it to a chessie owner :lol3: :lol3: :lol3:
"Keep your eye's on the horizion"
from my Dad on my first duck hunt!
labtrainer
hunter

Postby Phild » Fri Apr 06, 2012 9:15 pm

Hey Steven,

Great to meet another guy that is an owner from the litter. Where abouts are you located? I am in Grande Prairie, Alberta so my girl did have a ways to travel but she did great. I can not get over how calm and gentle she is not sure about brown or if it is a female /male thing but she is an awesome pup. She is crate training well and we did have one accident today we went to the door and made her "I want out noise" but my daughter was just a bit slow and decided to ask for permission before letting her out. Can't fault her for that, smart kid even though it is a secure area LOL.

As for getting beat up I take it all with a grain of salt I am just using them for their knowledge be it perceived, self inflated or actual. I think thsose Rick and Labtrainer guy may have some ideas ...they have a lot of pics to back thing up LOL

Thanks
Phil
Phild
hunter

Postby HNTFSH » Fri Apr 06, 2012 9:22 pm

Phild wrote:As for getting beat up I take it all with a grain of salt I am just using them for their knowledge be it perceived, self inflated or actual. I think thsose Rick and Labtrainer guy may have some ideas ...they have a lot of pics to back thing up LOL

:lol3: :lol3: How generous of you. I thought it was just to make everyone suffer through another guys first dog.
No such thing as a stupid question, only stupid people
HNTFSH
Mr. Plond

Postby Indaswamp » Fri Apr 06, 2012 9:27 pm

Rick Hall wrote:Steven, you keep out of this. He's our phild, and we'll beat him up if we want to.

ROFLMAO!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby Indaswamp » Fri Apr 06, 2012 9:30 pm

HNTFSH wrote:
Phild wrote:As for getting beat up I take it all with a grain of salt I am just using them for their knowledge be it perceived, self inflated or actual. I think thsose Rick and Labtrainer guy may have some ideas ...they have a lot of pics to back thing up LOL

:lol3: :lol3: How generous of you. I thought it was just to make everyone suffer through another guys first dog.

:lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: how many pics. does it take to qualify? :wink:

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby HNTFSH » Fri Apr 06, 2012 9:31 pm

Indaswamp wrote:
HNTFSH wrote:

:lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: how many pics. does it take to qualify? :wink:

You don't have enough. You are either perceived or inflated.
HNTFSH
Mr. Plond

Postby Indaswamp » Fri Apr 06, 2012 9:35 pm

HNTFSH wrote: You don't have enough. You are either perceived or inflated.

:lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3:

I like this one of your dog though...

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby HNTFSH » Fri Apr 06, 2012 9:39 pm

Who wouldn't????

I think Knot head is 2 there. That's a state land released bird I shot because the Mexican pictured couldn't shoot but did a lot of business with me.

If you could know that's an 870 full choke you'd know it's a casual acquaintance.
HNTFSH
Mr. Plond

Postby Indaswamp » Fri Apr 06, 2012 9:42 pm

HNTFSH wrote:Who wouldn't????

I think Knot head is 2 there. That's a state land released bird I shot because the Mexican pictured couldn't shoot but did a lot of business with me.

If you could know that's an 870 full choke you'd know it's a casual acquaintance.

:umm:

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby HNTFSH » Fri Apr 06, 2012 9:48 pm

That is clearly some of your best work. :lol3: :lol3: :beer:
HNTFSH
Mr. Plond

Postby Indaswamp » Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:23 pm

HNTFSH wrote:That is clearly some of your best work. :lol3: :lol3: :beer:

Tit for Tat SNCHZ....we've been goin at it between us for a while now.... :lol3:

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby Phild » Sat Apr 07, 2012 7:04 am

HNTFSH wrote:

I have to get them in when I can take me Rick :beer: I am sure you had a "first dog" once...or were you born with one? Great pic and I do appreciate all the input you guys give. If it were not for new guys like me you experienced guys would have no new posts to add to.
If you ever need info on your 08 LMM duramax or oil drilling rig I got your back :lol: :lol:

Thanks
Phil
Phild
hunter

Postby HNTFSH » Sat Apr 07, 2012 7:16 am

Phild wrote:If it were not for new guys like me you experienced guys would have no new posts to add to.

Apparently you aren't reading the 30 page thread just below this. :lol3:
HNTFSH
Mr. Plond

Postby Rick Hall » Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:50 am

Phild wrote:
HNTFSH wrote:

I have to get them in when I can take me Rick :beer: I am sure you had a "first dog" once...or were you born with one?

Don't blame me for HNTFSH's doings, I've enough trouble cleaning up my own messes. But in all seriousness, I believe it fortunate that my first dog predated the Internet. Generally much more enlightening, me thinks, to study the pup for answers to questions not covered by the books than to run to keyboard with every hick-up. And a whole lot less confusing.

I haven't forgotten when I first heard of these Internet boards and exclaimed what a wonderful resource they must be. My informant, a SD pheasant outfitter, was quick to point out the great rub that one has to already know enough about the subject in question to know whether the answers he'll get have any real validity.
If you think I'm wrong, you might be right.
Rick Hall
hunter

Postby Phild » Sun Apr 08, 2012 5:13 pm

So today was live bird day. It all started with an adventurous trip the local grain elevator and a 150 foot climb to the top. All I could think of after I left Canadian Tire after purchasing a dip net and mesh bag was...Is anyone else potentially going to die after leaving this store?

long story short I caught two pigeons Bernice and Clarice and got them home I lock winged one and went to the field she just about went nuts with them in the cage and had no hesitation to going after the bird on the first toss. She did have a little trouble getting the bird in her mouth, maybe it was my lock wing job ....I do not think it was too pretty. Then I moved on to a few tosses with just the flight feathers taped and she did a great job. I did just as the Hillmann video let her go get it and have fun with it and bring it back on her own with some calling....okay hit me with the check cord comments..but she did bring it back :biggrin:

Oh I meant to ask are there usually that many feathers flying??

Later
Phil
Phild
hunter

Postby Phild » Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:07 am

Well here is Gauge in action this morning.
http://s181.photobucket.com/albums/x22/ ... -00000.mp4
Phild
hunter

Postby Phild » Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:39 am

Well I guess I better investegate this sooner than latter, I am in the marker for an e-collar first for Gauge just to wear around and get use too and then later down the road to train and hunt with. I do mostly water foul hunting not alot of upland birds in my area but would like a good quality collar that will work well in both a training and field situation, fit a pup and allow her to grow with it. I looked at the following in decending price range:

Tritronics Classic 70 G3 EXP Collar
SportDog SD1825
Sport Hunter 800
Sport Hunter 400
Phild
hunter

Postby HNTFSH » Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:42 am

Phil - it really doesn't matter what kind of hunting you'll do.

Would strongly advise TriTronics or Dogtra. To save $$ also visit: http://www.collarclinic.com
HNTFSH
Mr. Plond

Postby Phild » Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:21 am

HNTFSH thanks I guess what I should have said is I do not think I need over a mile range LOL.....noobe eh?

Later
Phil
Phild
hunter

Postby HNTFSH » Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:39 am

Phild wrote:HNTFSH thanks I guess what I should have said is I do not think I need over a mile range LOL.....noobe eh?

Later
Phil

:lol3: :lol3: Dude have seen the question asked to the point of what color the dog is so take little to chance.

I doubt 1 mile collars burn at a mile anyway. But yes - I'd buy that based on the quality of the transmitter based on the 1 mile claim.
HNTFSH
Mr. Plond

Postby TCFarmer » Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:51 am

I have a TT Pro 100 and a Dogtra 3500. I really like both of them, and they each have advantages over the other.

I would avoid the TT 70, mosty because I think you need more than 6 levels of stimulation. I would also avoid the SportDog, I have heard many people complain about the quality.

If money is what is pushing you towards SportDog, I would look at the TT Sport or Dogtra 1900.
TCFarmer
hunter

Postby Phild » Wed Apr 11, 2012 2:38 pm

Thanks Farmer ...well money is not an issue if the quality is there to justify the price. I have no problem paying for a product that will last or is great quality.

What about the Dogtra 2300NCP Advance? good I take it.

Later
Phil
Phild
hunter

PreviousNext

Return to Hunting Dog Forum