MDNR Waterfowl Zoneing Survey?

Discuss Michigan hunting and share your duck hunting secrets here. From lay out boat hunting on the great lakes to the stubble fields.

Moderators: waterfowlhunter, quackerkiller

Postby patrick.carrington » Wed Apr 18, 2012 8:37 pm

Just wondering how many people got that survey and what they answered for the options and such????

For those that are wondering what I am taking about, the DNR sent out a survey that ask at random waterfowl hunters from the 3 zones how there season was and if they would change it. It had things on it like would you push your season back or ahead, do you like the split at the end or begining of the season, etc. It was really in depth, I was impressed! On the back was 4 maps of Michigan that had 4 different zone options on them.

1st was leave it the same.
2nd was to have three zones and they cut the bay in half with same season dates w/split season
3rd was to have three zones and they lumped all of the bay into the middle zone with same season dates w/split.
4th was to have 4 zones. North, middle, south and southwest (grandrapids dead south and west. No split season).

NO OPINIONS PLEASE, not sure why the other topic got locked but I would just like to get a feel for who got the survey and who didnt get it and which option you would have picked if they had. Please, Please, Please do not comment! There are a bunch of us that are curious to see the results from it! Dont worry, Ill make a topic to have fun with again, as long as it doesnt get locked for no reason :thumbsup:
Proud Supporter of DOA Game Calls
"When luck just isn't enough!"
patrick.carrington
hunter

Postby DeadEye_Dan » Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:12 pm

I got one. Chose option one/no change.
assateague wrote:Wives are all against super cool, awesome ideas. If Columbus had been married, we'd all still be European.

WisconsinWaterfowler wrote: You just have to use the back of your throat and hum. That's how I would describe it anyways.
DeadEye_Dan
hunter

Re: MDNR Waterfowl Zoneing Survey?

Postby waterfowlhunter » Fri Apr 20, 2012 4:35 am

DeadEye_Dan wrote:I got one. Chose option one/no change.

I would have picked the same if I had gotten one. was not chosen this year :crying:
"A free people ought to be armed" George Washington 1790

‘For those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither Liberty nor safety.’ —Ben Franklin.”
waterfowlhunter
Forum & State Moderator

Re: MDNR Waterfowl Zoneing Survey?

Postby A-Bomb » Wed May 23, 2012 8:39 am

No Change
MDHA Saginaw Bay Chapter
http://www.midha.org/
A-Bomb
hunter

Return to Michigan Duck Hunting