DELMAR HUNT CLUB

Topics on New York hunting on the Delaware river to discuss, Delaware duck hunting, tactics and more.

Moderator: Daffy Ducking

DELMAR HUNT CLUB

Postby wvugunner92 » Thu Apr 19, 2012 4:43 pm

I was wondering if you guys knew anything about them and could maybe offer me a little knowledge as i know nothing about the club and am interested in maybe joining next year if it seems to be worth it?

Thanks
Lock em nd Drop em
wvugunner92
hunter

Re: DELMAR HUNT CLUB

Postby bubbasblazer » Fri Apr 20, 2012 8:09 pm

Don't know much about them but they have a website that has tons of info. I like to stop by there and dream every now and again, don't hold me to it but i belive the site is www. delmarwaterfowl.com .
bubbasblazer
hunter

Postby duck389 » Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:49 pm

wvugunner92 wrote:I was wondering if you guys knew anything about them and could maybe offer me a little knowledge as i know nothing about the club and am interested in maybe joining next year if it seems to be worth it?

Thanks

I know 2 members in this club they love it in DELMARVA,i also know 1 member who got out,BUT it was for money problems though.I have heard no bad about this club at all.I do hear it is alittle pricey though,but if you got time and money to go to all their spots,i really believe you will be happy there for sure.The one person i know in this club cant say enough good about it,and :grooving: : i : believe he is starting his 4th happy year there.I am a happy 4th year guy at WHC,i would consider other clubs,but WHC puts me on the birds when i need or want to be.IT works for my money,time,hunting style,etc.DELMARVA HUNT CLUB,and WHC are 2 good choices one is way bigger,and 1 is smaller.I would say both offer good gunning,just pick one either way you will have a good club,no matter whats been said about either club on this site!!! :grooving: :
HOOKED on QUACK!!!!!
duck389
Newb

Postby cmsjr » Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:11 pm

I was a member of the Club only for the deer hunting. Moved out of state to Texas was unable to join anymore. Good club with a good group of guys. A little bit of a rich boys club in some ways. Sorry to say thats what hunting in general is coming to. Glad I moved to Texas where leases are alot more resonable. Recently got on a 10,000 acre lease for $2,400 the entire year. Bobcats, pigs, deer, coyotes, dove, prairie dogs cant beat that price and only 4 guys hunt it.
cmsjr
Newb

Postby Daffy Ducking » Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:00 am

I talked with Drew Smith from Delmar a few years ago in reference to becoming a member and it sounds like a very nice club! I just could not afford it at the time. They have a ton of hunting areas throughout the state and Maryland as well. They provide decoys and boats as well. Check out their web site and call Drew. Very nice man.

Best Of Luck! :thumbsup:
Ever lay in bed at nite and hear geese honk and ducks quackin????
Daffy Ducking
State Moderator

Postby EyeHuntFowl » Fri Aug 31, 2012 12:34 pm

Believe none of what you read and 1/2 of what you see...
EyeHuntFowl
hunter

Postby deducker » Fri Aug 31, 2012 12:49 pm

I'm a member of the $20 Hunt Club. Most years I do as well or better than all my friends who lease. You need to be flexible and you can't keep going to the same WMA and trying to get the same blinds all the time.
deducker
hunter

Postby Daffy Ducking » Sat Sep 01, 2012 6:38 pm

I'm a State Blind hunter as well! I can't afford paying the ammount of money local places around here charge and you are absolutely correct with success rates!! I have always done well in the state blinds but I do scouting in public areas as well too!! If you want success you have to find where success is!! I do the same with Seaducks as well.
:thumbsup:
Daffy Ducking
State Moderator

Postby Wader boys » Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:17 pm

Delmar hunt club REALLY Spare me,what a joke
Wader boys
hunter

Postby Daffy Ducking » Tue Sep 04, 2012 2:10 pm

Wader boys wrote:Delmar hunt club REALLY Spare me,what a joke

The gentleman is asking for references....... not how you feel. This site is for that reason! Not for folks to sit here and bash someones question! I don't know what your issue is with Delmar Hunt Club, but if there is something you do not agree with by all means please post and at least give others the opportunity to reply and hear what it is you don't like. I am trying to keep this Forum as useful to others as in the past.

Thank You!

Chip
Daffy Ducking
State Moderator

Postby Wader boys » Tue Sep 04, 2012 6:56 pm

Not bashing his question ,the club is run for one persons well being and rite now its struggling.The propertys are shot out ,the rules are never inforced,he is every classified add around needing members ,if the club was so great there would be a waiting list,Not an add in every paper wanting members to pay the bills.Go ahead get mad im not gonna blow smoke up no ones a** .This is all fact bud.You want peaples opinion on Delmar go down to little creek and ask around they just love him there .
He wants the out of state guys in the club they pay and dont hunt much.which is better for him bills get paid and noone to worry about. :welcome:
Wader boys
hunter

Postby drewsmith » Thu Sep 06, 2012 12:09 am

I run the Delmar Waterfowl Club for the benefit of the members and to the satisfaction of the property owners. While we try not to upset our neighbors, it is not my concern what the residents of Little Creek think of the club. Seven farms that I rent almost entirely surround the town and without looking up the records, each one is certainly not shot out. The fact is the properties in MD are hunted more frequently than those in DE. Since the members decide where to hunt, it is possible to over-hunt a particular location, but this is really the last place it happens.

I do advertise the club each year for open spots as we add farms and/or loose members. I certainly advertise much less than others. Check my posts on this forum for example. I put one ad up in 2006, another in 2008 and then generally respond to people looking and have suggested the club. I have posted up some responses for guided hunts, dove hunts or leases that I am aware of or offering. Besides what is so wrong with advertising. Some of the best things are advertised in order to be sold.

Can't say everyone is happy, but certainly most are. I have a public forum where any individual can ask questions of the entire membership. They have no motivation but to provide their own experiences. I am the sole person that runs the club. While there are specific managers for things like deer/sika, individual property captain's or members that manage things like the lodge, it still stops with me. I make no apologies, but I do abide by the rules and expect others to do the same.

In years past, many of the members will tell you that I hunt on average 15 times a year including dove and snows. I have not ever hunted deer. You can read the website for my personal motivations, but I can tell you it is more than a stack of birds. We have a great group of ethical, honest hunters in the club that are enjoyable to be around. I have formed many lifelong friends. As I get older and less angry at the birds I find a new exciting areas around hunting.

I do expect the club to pay for all the leases and expenses. I tell everyone that I like out of state hunters in the club. Yes, they don't go as much, but since we have lodging, decoys and boats in our membership fee it is a real value for the type of person that chooses not to hunt with a guide but wants to experience the Eastern Shore. They make some of the most interesting members. Go to Jeff Corwin's Blog (MSNBC, Animal Planet, National Geographic) and ask him why he has been a long term member and how it works for him.
drewsmith
hunter

Postby EyeHuntFowl » Fri Sep 07, 2012 7:07 am

drewsmith -

little creek - you should be concerned as you're bringing 100+ hunters from out of the area, into the area. i'd be concerned with what the neighbors think. perception is everything.

advertising - you advertise on craigslist (multiple cities) and in the back of the major waterfowl publications religiously.

jeff corwin - you name drop one person, who's "long-term" membership dates ALL THE WAY BACK to the 2010-11 season. WHOA! if you consider a 2, going on 3 year, long-term member - that certainly explains the advertising and ill-feelings from the outside populus.

it certainly isn't jealousy, so please don't get it confused. just because you have corn & water, certainly doesn't mean you're shooting ducks - but it certainly makes for a nice sales pitch...

Eye Hunt Fowl
EyeHuntFowl
hunter

Postby mpollinger » Sat Sep 08, 2012 8:32 am

Eye Hunt,
First for the record, I am not a member of DELMAR Hunt Club. I have heard many good things about this club and if I had a little extra time, would join in a minute. With every aspect in life, there will be someone that is not happy and likes to complain about everything and anything. I have spoken to Drew in the past and was very accomadating but my schedule was not. He is human and is allowed to make mistakes just like you! If he chooses to bring out of staters to Delaware, so be it! That is great for the Delaware economy. That is enough.... good luck in your future endeavors and happy hunting. Drew, keep up the good work, nice club you have!

Mick
mpollinger
hunter

Postby drewsmith » Sat Sep 08, 2012 11:44 am

I certainly do not go out of my way to antagonize my neighbors, I was simply stating that it is not my priority. For those not familiar with the area, LC is a samll town. We have held our meetings at the Little Creek Inn (now closed) and would frequent the deli in town regularly (now closed) and these were the last two buisinesses open in town. There are few opportunities, to really do anything more than just try to hunt in an ethical manner. The club donates to at least ten conservation organizations a year, has hosted the delaware state duck and goose calling championships that was free to attend, hosts dock docks regional competition and ten practices a year, hosts the Navda fall and spring tests. Besides waving from the tractor and keeping mud off the roads, I am not sure what else to do.

The numbers might be a bit off, It more like ten's of hunters come to the Little Creek area to hunt. It is seven out of fifty farms (most of which are in Maryland). Beside's, if it is not that good, what are 100's of hunters coming to Little Creek for?

PS Jeff C re-registered after losing his password. Thanks for the nice comments on the club.
drewsmith
hunter

Postby deducker » Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:59 am

Is this going to be another 'WHC Thread'? If you dont have anything positive or productive to contribute then dont post. BTW I have no affiliation with WHC or Delmar. I'm a $20 Hunt Club member.
deducker
hunter

Return to Delaware Duck Hunting