Has anyone had problems with the Benelli SBE2 forearm

Share your questions on all makes and models of shotguns. Please post chokes questions in the SRBC forum

Moderators: Quack Wacker NC, MM

Has anyone had problems with the Benelli SBE2 forearm

Postby fysherman02 » Thu Apr 26, 2012 3:01 pm

I recently purchased a Benelli SBE2 and after only 3 times in the field the forearm broke in 3 different places and had to be sent back to the factory for a 2 1/2 month repair ....which is a horor story in itself. I feel i paid way too much for ths gun to break like it did. VERY disppointed in Benelli.
Attachments
benelli.jpg
Last edited by fysherman02 on Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fysherman02
Newb

Re: Has anyone had problems with the Benelli SBE2 forearm

Postby possumfoot » Thu Apr 26, 2012 3:06 pm

never heard of such a thing.

dont even see how that is possible as there is no stress ever put on it..
WTN10 wrote:He was funny like a Pomeranian getting kicked over a fence.

pgquackstacker wrote:I actually started bringing a gun with me on dates, so I bring the girl's father out to my car and tell him if he tries to cock-block me I'll kill him.
possumfoot
hunter

Postby orphanedcowboy » Thu Apr 26, 2012 3:53 pm

Unless it was too loose or way over tightened, I cannot see a reason under normal use the forarm would break. Even the Auto-5 with a very loose fore arm wouldn't do that.
orphanedcowboy
hunter

Postby chris_k » Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:56 pm

fysherman02 wrote:I recently purchased a Benelli SBE2 and after only 3 times in the field the forearm broke in 3 different places and had to be sent back to the factory for a 2 1/2 month repair ....which is a horor story in itself. I feel i paid way too much for ths gun to break like it did. VERY disppointed in Benelli.

Must be a Remington employee.

Hey Jack, post a picture or it didn't happen.
Getcha Pull!
chris_k
hunter

Postby fysherman02 » Fri Apr 27, 2012 6:11 am

not a remington employee but im selling these benellis and buying more remingtons. heres a picture
fysherman02
Newb

Postby T Man » Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:25 am

fysherman02 wrote:not a remington employee but im selling these benellis and buying more remingtons. heres a picture

No pic

Im not going to jump on and say it could never happen, but unless the gun was used as a pry bar, I dont see how it could have happened. The reason people are calling bs on it is that no one has ever seen it happen. Yours is the exception to the rule for sure. Have you tried contacting benelli customer service about it?

And the a5 will break the forearm if its not on tight enough shooting big loads.
Botiz630 wrote:How much does an apostrophe cost down south? Must be quite a bit, based on how sparingly you use them.
T Man
Super Moderator

Postby possumfoot » Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:36 pm

i do not see how that is possible.

pgquackstacker wrote:I actually started bringing a gun with me on dates, so I bring the girl's father out to my car and tell him if he tries to cock-block me I'll kill him.
possumfoot
hunter

Postby fysherman02 » Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:44 pm

I agree I dont see how it's possible...but it did....proofs in the picture.... Benelli thought maybe the barrel was defective but they didn't find anything wrong. I bought ther nova several years ago and had issues with it and had to send it back to the factory.
fysherman02
Newb

Postby CutEm214 » Fri Apr 27, 2012 1:51 pm

I've never seen or even heard of that happening. I would guess Benelli is raking you over the coals here because they've never seen it happen either and/or assume it was gross negligence on your part to damage the forearm in that manner.
CutEm214
hunter

Postby possumfoot » Fri Apr 27, 2012 4:05 pm

i would guess that they had the gun for so long because they were trying to understand the cause..

i have been pretty rough on mine, and they have always fixed anything for free. shipping is free too.. and i think one of the instances was my fault.. destroyed a barrel, i think i got mud in it. but it might have been ammo, with a bad/ semi wet shell..

normally this would not be an issue as i would not pull the trigger again, but when jumping snows, you sling the steel as fast as possible.

possumfoot
hunter

Postby wvugunner92 » Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:47 pm

Have you been trying to take the forearm off? Its not designed to be pulled off the gun, but the first time i took my sbe2 apart i forced it off. I can picture if i did it muliple times it might crack like that just due to stress maybe?
Lock em nd Drop em
wvugunner92
hunter

Postby possumfoot » Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:02 pm

wvugunner92 wrote:Have you been trying to take the forearm off? Its not designed to be pulled off the gun, but the first time i took my sbe2 apart i forced it off. I can picture if i did it muliple times it might crack like that just due to stress maybe?

really??? mine comes off very easily..

possumfoot
hunter

Postby wvugunner92 » Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:19 pm

There is really no to take it off, but yeah my fits pretty damn tight.
Lock em nd Drop em
wvugunner92
hunter

Postby wjarrell » Sat Apr 28, 2012 7:52 pm

fysherman02 wrote:I recently purchased a Benelli SBE2 and after only 3 times in the field the forearm broke in 3 different places and had to be sent back to the factory for a 2 1/2 month repair ....which is a horor story in itself. I feel i paid way too much for ths gun to break like it did. VERY disppointed in Benelli.

Well did they fix it? Under warranty?
wjarrell
hunter

Postby fysherman02 » Tue May 01, 2012 8:55 am

yes they did fix it but with they did not explained what happened. I never dropped it but I did fire those 3 1/2 HEVI SHOT at geese...
fysherman02
Newb

Postby Theircommited10 » Tue May 01, 2012 8:39 pm

The forearm on my benelli sbeII has been slightly loose since the day I bought it in 2003. Ive handeled a few other sbeII's and the forearms were loose on them too. Not real loose but not tight and fit by any means. All that said , Ive never seen or heard of one cracking.
Theircommited10
DHC Sponsor

Postby possumfoot » Wed May 02, 2012 1:00 am

Theircommited10 wrote:The forearm on my benelli sbeII has been slightly loose since the day I bought it in 2003. Ive handeled a few other sbeII's and the forearms were loose on them too. Not real loose but not tight and fit by any means. All that said , Ive never seen or heard of one cracking.

pretty sure the sbe2 was not released till 04.

possumfoot
hunter

Postby Jeffwilson » Sat Feb 16, 2013 8:56 am

Ive cracked 2 forends so far, drives me nuts
Jeffwilson
Newb

Postby Dedduc » Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:51 pm

Just found out mine is cracked also.....another problem besides whatelse I posted today after my snow goose hunt! :mad:
Dedduc
hunter

Postby g_maxson » Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:36 am

wvugunner92 wrote:Have you been trying to take the forearm off? Its not designed to be pulled off the gun, but the first time i took my sbe2 apart i forced it off. I can picture if i did it muliple times it might crack like that just due to stress maybe?

It is absolutely designed to be able to take it off with ease.
g_maxson
hunter

Postby Jeffwilson » Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:22 pm

They will replace the first one, after that you have to send the gun in to get the next one put on. the shipping is at our expense, that's why mine remains cracked again, love the gun, hate the sloppy forend
Jeffwilson
Newb

Postby Mink creek sam » Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:41 pm

Got SBE II two years ago. During first waterfowl season. Shot the forearm off. Came off in my hand after firing. All of those thin plastic bands that hold the forearm on the barrel were broken. Sent forearm into Benelli who said new forearm on the way. Months went by. Called Benelli which said had to get one from Italy. Finally got it last summer. Shot the gun during September dove season, during a waterfowl hunt to Saskatchewan in October, then started waterfowl hunting in November. On second hunt, forearm became loose. Took it off and 2 of those plastic cross pieces are broken.

Had a Benelli 1 since 1995. Looked at forearm on it. Real thick plastic and more of them holding on forearm. Of course, the reason that I have the SBE II is because my SBE I is not reliable. Would take a lot of space to tell you what is wrong with Benelli I

Now trying Beretta with 2 Benelli's unserviceable in gun cabinet.
Mink creek sam
hunter

Postby Publiclandduckslayer » Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:56 pm

I bought mine last summer and mine did the exact same thing the other day. Broke in two places though. I'm going to send it back, but i need it for turkey season. Hopefully they will just send me a new forearm. Only problem i have with mine
Smoke em' if you got em'
Publiclandduckslayer
hunter

Postby Dedduc » Sat Apr 20, 2013 10:14 am

Well I sent mine to Benelli for a cracked forearm and they DID NOT fix it! Said if they gave me a new one it would crack again anyway. Hows that for customer service on a $1500 gun??
Dedduc
hunter

Postby Luvbowhuntn » Sat Apr 20, 2013 1:30 pm

Dedduc wrote:Well I sent mine to Benelli for a cracked forearm and they DID NOT fix it! Said if they gave me a new one it would crack again anyway. Hows that for customer service on a $1500 gun??

Care to copy and paste that email of them saying that or a pic of the letter saying that? Not calling you out man,but I cant see any of the gun manufacturers saying that
Real cowboys say the party never ends and the road goes on and on
Luvbowhuntn
hunter

Next

Return to Shotgun Forum